TV Licence - Hotel and Mobile Unit Licence

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Windy

Post by Windy »

Thanks B&B Farmer - i may just persevere a little longer then - thanks!
b&b farmer

Post by b&b farmer »

Just a quick update. We had a cheque for £291.00 from TV Licensing today. It's not as much as we asked for but welcome all the same. Certainly it was worth pushing for a refund.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Did it take long?

We received our hotel licence this week but no refund cheque yet so I now have paid for 4 individual TV licences and a Hotel licence!
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

Received our refund a couple of weeks ago - about 3 weeks after we applied for it.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Did it come separately from the licence?
b&b farmer

Post by b&b farmer »

Yes, ours took about 3 weeks as well. We already had the hotel license so the refund came seperately. However, now we've hit the problem that Greenbarn mentioned in that the domestic side of TV licensing are not happy that we don't have a domestic license! I shall ring them today and try to remain polite.
Windy

Post by Windy »

LOL - Good luck :-)
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

My hotel and mobile TV licence came at the same time (in the same envelope) as the refund. But I did apply for the refund at the same time as the licence, if that makes any difference!
Windy

Post by Windy »

Hmm - so did I, although to be fair I paid the hotel licence by bank transfer and sent copies of the old licences by post.
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

Only difference I can think of with my application is that I put a cheque in the post with the old licence - so maybe yours got processed quicker as it was a bank transfer, and then they dealt with the refund separately when they received the letter.
Windy

Post by Windy »

That's what I'm hoping Jenny - I don't fancy doing battle with a bunch like TV licencing. Everything I have already experienced with them tells me that would be a real uphill struggle.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Based on a previous experience with TV Licensing, when our home was empty and being semi demolished and renovated, we transferred our licence to where we were living. Despite informing the TV people and receiving an acknowledgment, we kept receiving threatening letters. I kept going round the same loop, again, and again and again.......... :roll:
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I am just filling in the forms now (thanks all for the heads up!).

I was going to send in the two forms together, the refund request one and the application for a new hotel licence, together with a cheque as I thought that was a tidier way of doing it, having all three together.

However, for those of you have sent the two forms in, please could you tell me - did you use the application address or the refund address?
Windy

Post by Windy »

I sent the licences back with a letter from my home address. (Not where the licences were for. The new licence and cheque (!!) arrived to my home address)

In fact today I received a refund for just under £900 for my 4 lodges that I had paid for when I only needed to buy a single licence. That represents about 2 full years so I am well happy and would like to say another huge thank you to Nemo for raising this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

My pleasure - looks like this round is on you. :D