FREE LISTING RENTAL SITES

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
A-two

Post by A-two »

Even though they claim to be the fastest growing most successful holiday rental site, I don't think VRBO or Cyberrentals will be shaking in their boots any time soon. It only has 2 properties for the whole of the USA.
jacq

Post by jacq »

Hi,

Very dissapointed with my first foray onto a forum, although I had a nice email from Paolo.

I asked a very simple question about our ad writing re, conversion of Enquiry/Bookings.

What I got in return were replies from two , Chalky and Ashtondav, whingeing about a 'snail', obviously not travelled enough to appreciate French cuisine.
And a typical American that thinks the whole world revolves around the USA. Do people still visit the USA? other than those invited in via Guantanamo Bay of course.

Best regards,
Jacq.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I'm sorry about that Jacq. You might have caught us on a bad day!!!! Most people are really nice and friendly, try us again :lol: Sometimes I post a load of drivel...it just seems to escape from my fingertips but people are understanding.The written word, on a keyboard at that, can seem so much harsher than words spoken face to face- we can't see the smiles or frowns that punctuate our normal conversations! Doh, there I go again :roll: Stick with us :wink:
paolo

Post by paolo »

Jacq,

I am disappointed by your first foray onto a forum too. I don't see anything wrong with the replies your post had, which are opinions of the website you have recommended.

There is no need for rudeness here, and if you are not connected to that site, you shouldn't be so upset that it isn't impressing anyone.

Please leave your cheap remarks at the door.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

Hi there today I received this promotional offer to advertise with:
holidayhomeeurope.com
free of charge (pre -launch promotion) Apparently they are going to launch the site by advertising on major papers in Europe. Has anyone heard of them?
Giulia
mvus

Post by mvus »

I selected Spain then the keyword Sotogrande (on the costa del sol) and I was presented with homes in Mojacar (on the Costa de Almeria)
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Actually, if you select the whole of Portugal, you get the same list of places in Mojacar, Spain :shock:

In fairness, the list is preceded with the words "No results found exactly matching your requirements. Below is a list of alternatives you may wish to consider"

I guess they do not have too many properties just yet, hence some serious advertising and free offers needed, but is there really room for YAFS (Yet Another Free Site) ?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

For an owner in Portugal or on the Costa del Sol a search which results in a selection of properties in Mojacar is not what you want.

As a holiday maker, which I used to be, a search which gives a selection of properties in Mojacar as an alternative is a huge bonus.

Mojacar is a fabulous place for a holiday even though it's not in Portugal or on the Costa del Sol.

Alan
mvus

Post by mvus »

Yes, but when you search for a villa in Marbella and get one in Mijas it starts to get a little tiring

Reminds me of the couple who ended up in Tel Aviv instead of Tenerife. The locals gave them very funny looks when they went around saying buenos dias
Giulia

Post by Giulia »

I tried to search under "holiday homes in...." but the site did not come up for any country so not many chances to be found through searches! It may be worth to join for the publicity in the various papers they mention in the e mail I had, but I guess they will not launch until they have a few more properties! I'll provably give it a miss
Giulia