Website - Holiday Home Information

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

On my recent travels around the internet I stumbled across this website - holidayhomeinformation.co.uk. It appears to be run by the people behind Blue Chip Holidays - a mainly south west based agency (I think?).

Anyway, not that I wish to take anyone away from here (hence no live links unless requested!), but there are a few interesting articles and a brand new forum it appears (Dec 2011).

I've just been reading the article "Holiday Letting - An Owner's Experience" which makes funny reading for all those out there who despise Visit Britain and the quality ratings etc! A sample here "Apologies if I'm stepping on toes here but VB / Quality in Tourism is run by people with no concept of style, taste, intelligence or imagination - the absolute antithesis of Alastair Sawday." :lol:

I shall keep an eye on it anyway as potentially another source of info for us holiday home owners. It appears to be aimed at the UK market from what I've read so far.
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

Fascinating and useful information! By the way, maybe you realise that 'Holiday Letting - An Owner's Experience' was written by LMH-ers? (maybe former LMH-ers, I don't know):
viewtopic.php?t=3797&highlight=updown+cottage
What they say this time is extremely useful for us all and am sure will be chuckled at by many of our illustrious members :D
citykid5

thanks

Post by citykid5 »

thanks nemo.
i've just read through and found it very helpfull.
citykid
cornish at heart
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for that Wonkeye. :shock:
1) You have a good memory to recall that and 2) that sidetracked me this morning but made for some amusing reading! How lovely that some people come and go flouncing their way in and out of things as it takes them, and then there are some real "steady eddies" that hang around here for years.......... :wink: :lol:
Phil Schofield

Post by Phil Schofield »

It's a great resource (in addition to LMH), especially for topics like Legal and Compliance which can be difficult to understand.
HolidayHomeInformation

Holiday Home Information

Post by HolidayHomeInformation »

Hi all

Just spotted this thread - thanks for the kind comments. Thought it might be worth clarifying:

HHI is a spin off business from Blue Chip Holidays. We set up as a separate, independent venture as we wanted to:

- Have national coverage in the UK, not just SW England.
- Work with other letting agents.
- Work with owners who market themselves.
- And involve owners who don't let their second homes.

So were not promoting the use of letting agents and Blue Chip as such. Our goals are to make ownership as pain-free and successful as possible whatever the owners choice of usage and management.

Regards
Andy
Live near the beach in South Devon - looking forward to the summer!
www.holidayhomeinformation.co.uk