moneybookers.com

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
tansy

moneybookers.com

Post by tansy »

Anyone using this moneybookers.com

One of my bookings insisted that I start taking moneybookers - so opened account - it is much cheaper than PayPal... but whether or not he has forgotten to send the money - I sent request for payment on Tuesday - Friday still nothing in my account... PayPal always instant!
it's all a learning curve!
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Sounds like he could have been the manager of.........moneybookers :P
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
tansy

Post by tansy »

Howdy stranger - don't think so - she works for a Borough Council.... I will email them at the weekend - with my list of people on the wait list!

How did your photo shoot go - are you finished now?
it's all a learning curve!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Some discussion of moneybookers here:
viewtopic.php?t=839
Paolo
Lay My Hat
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Hi tansy,

Hey I am impressed by your memory - I wonder why you remember useless bits of information like my photo shoots (haha).

I still have to wait until July before I can get more photos - and I am taking my camera-loving sister with me so she can take a couple of hundred more than me, just so we can make sure to get a couple of good shots!

Let us know how the moneybookers project goes. It will be interesting to hear how much % they charge and how easy/difficult it is for customers to register?
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Tansy,
I think they work like a bank - I use Moneycorp and Currencies4less and it always takes about 7 working days to get the money in my account - they make sure they hold onto it as long as possible, but they probably offer a better exchange rate and don't charge the 3% that Paypal do??
kas33

Post by kas33 »

Following a recommendation on the LF forum, I now always use moneybookers to transfer money here (France) from the UK. First it takes 3 working days to send a bank transfer to them in sterling, then about 4 working days for them to send the money from their London bank to my French one. It's longwinded, but literally costs pennies, and the rate seems to be quite favourable too.
An American guest sent me a deposit by paypal the other day and I nearly keeled over when I saw how much commission they took!