Cleaners - Zell am See area

For topics that are specific to mountain locations, please go here.
MaxineR

Cleaners - Zell am See area

Post by MaxineR »

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and just purchased an apartment in the centre of Zell am See. It has 3 bedrooms and is a new build. It's all really exciting and as I'm also new to renting out a holiday home I'm wondering if anyone can help me out on the following:

- how do I go about finding a local cleaner/someone to manage keys? Can anyone recommend one they use? I have tried to google local property management companies but not had much luck and only one response back.

- another idea I had was to try to find an independent cleaner, someone who lives locally who just wants a few hours work a week, that way I can get a more personalised service. Is this a good/bad idea?

- does anyone know how much I should be prepared to pay?

Thanks
Maxine
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hi Maxine, welcome to Lay my Hat. Not too many Austrian owners post regularly on here. Holidayloverxx has an apartment in Flachau but she was looking in Zell before she bought it . She advertises on Belvilla who manage all the bookings and payments and has a private cleaner.
Suggest you also join SnowHeads forum and ask the same question in Chalets and Apartments. There's quite a few owners on there, and some are already in Zell am See so you might find some advice there too.
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

Maxine; yes I was looking in Zell am See. I was going to use Home Office & Service GmbH as the managing agent and they would do the cleaning etc. I cannot recommend them at all for a number of reasons which I can't go into on a public forum, although I know another owner who uses them satisfactorily.

If you look at them and want to know more then send em a PM
Last edited by holidayloverxx on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

Another thought. The Salzburg Zoning Law 2009 prevents many properties being used as a holiday rental. Do you have specific assurance from the agent/lawyer that yours can be? If you advertise on the Tourist Informstion website they will check
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

yet another thought. I bought my place in Flachau through SAGE Immo in Zell; they were extremely helpful - they might know someone, otherwise look on the Tourist Info website and contact other owners
MaxineR

Post by MaxineR »

Many thanks holidayloverxx and HelenB, I will look into all of those.
Yes from what I understand I actually have to make the apartment available for rent for x no. weeks of the year, from what I understand this is to bring in business to the local economy, prevent an influx of overseas buyers who then let the properties sit empty for most of the year and ensure the housing market remains steady and locals aren't priced out of the market.
Austria

Post by Austria »

Hi congratulations, and great excitement for you.

We took the plunge about 4 years ago and brought in Kaprun. But we did look at Zell am See and we would be happy with either location.

In terms of a cleaner / manager our developer found one, which worked well. But we eventually found another person through another owner in the same block, they have been excellent.

There was someone setting up in Zell am See as a management / cleaning business, when we last looked. When is your apartment complete? are you going to manage it yourself? There are companies that will basically take over the apartment and sort out all the paperwork, rentals advertising, but the charge is in the region of 20% of the rental cost and a further payment by the renters for the cleaning.

Managing it yourself is quite time consuming perhaps a day to a day and half each week. (8 - 12 hours each week)
Basilpea

Zell am See area

Post by Basilpea »

Hi,
I have just joined the forum having only discovered this website a few weeks ago - how I wish I had known about it years ago!
We purchased a couple of apartments in Zell am See 4 years ago with a view to renting them out, and have learned a lot - the hard way. As you know, the resort is wonderful, in summer or winter, so rentals have been really good, but being in the centre of town is key. Also property prices in Austria have increased by about 25% in the last 4 years which is nice to know. Regarding your cleaning problem, We first tried a couple of companies which were not successful (not efficient and very expensive) so I advertised in the local paper and found 2 local ladies who were able to offer cleaning & Hausmeister services. I tried them both (one for each apt) and found them both to be excellent. Later on I did a deal for long-term rental on one of the flats so I had to let one of the ladies go, I can let you have her details if you PM me. The going rate for my other apartment (84 sq mtrs) for cleaning is €70 plus €10 per person for linen.
I wish you luck, I am sure you will not be disappointed with your investment in Zell. PM me if you want any help, I'm in Bulgaria next week (another investment, another story) but I can pick up emails etc.
Have a look at my website www.peacockproperty.com
Regards Barry
Over the years I have developed great skills in extricating myself from situations I should never have got into in the first place.