Award My Cottage Holidays

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Cotterdale

Award My Cottage Holidays

Post by Cotterdale »

Just got to let you all know because I am so pleased :D
We got this email this morning:

Dear .....

I am delighted to be able to tell you that Eller Haw Cottage has won the following award in the MyCottageHoliday.co.uk Excellence Award:

Regional Winner, North East England

I personally want to offer my congratulations and hope that your involvement with MyCottageHoliday has contributed a little to your success.

What does this mean?

Predominantly based on the comments of reviewers, the MyCottageHoliday Excellence Awards 2011 recognise those properties and owners who provide the best possible self-catering holiday accommodation experience to their guests.

Please find the award image attached. Feel free to use this on your site or in your promotional material. We’ll be updating the MyCottageHoliday.co.uk Excellence Awards page on the site. You may want to link the award logo to that page or to your own listing.

We’ll be adding the 2011 Award to your listing in the next few days in order to illustrate the standards you have achieved to users of our site.

There are around 5,000 cottages on MyCottageHoliday.co.uk, so you’ve seen off some of the very best properties in the UK.
Last edited by Cotterdale on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maurmc

Post by Maurmc »

Congrats- well done :D
If you always do what you've always done then you'll always get what you've always got.

Apartment Mil Palmeras
enid

Post by enid »

I am sure that gave you a warm glow - well done!
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Congratulations on the award! Your bookings are amazing too, congrats a second time!

Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
tavi

Post by tavi »

Congratulations!

Your cottages look lovely!
Cotterdale

Post by Cotterdale »

Thank you everyone.
I'm just so pleased :lol: :lol: :lol:
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

It is a lovely feeling isn't it? Gives you a real boost even if it doesn't bring any bookings!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Congrats. :D
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Great news Cotterdale. Walk tall!!! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hi Cotterdale - that's fab, hope it brings you lots of bookings, but I don't think you need them as you're doing so well already!

Did you register your property in the first place with this site and do you ask your guests to add a review there? The site has been discussed elsewhere but we've not really had the opinion of someone who I assume finds it a success and helps your bookings?

Here's the thread.

viewtopic.php?t=10921

Perhaps you could add MyCottageHoliday to this thread title so it is more easily identified in a search?
Cotterdale

Post by Cotterdale »

Hi Nemo,
Yes I registered the cottages myself.
I wanted our guests to be able to leave an independent review if they wish to.
I think the best thing about the review site is you can contact Andy if you have a problem and he will look into it, I do have a problem with my email and log in but he is looking into it for me.
When it comes to our reviews I know they are genuine and are from our guests. If I did receive a review and thought they hadn't stayed in one of our cottages I am sure Andy would take it straight off.
I send a welcome home email to every guest asking them if they would like to leave an independent review.
The main reason I registered was because we do have a review page on our website but one person said they are all to good you must of just made them up. So I just wanted a independent review site.
The only thing I was disappointed with was Town Head House not winning anything and it has 27 reviews all great. and not winning best rural cottage since we are one of the very few cottages in the country that can boast of 5 resident Red Squirrels that feed and play in the garden daily.
But you can't win them all fingers crossed for next Year.
Windy

Post by Windy »

Well done :-)
one of the very few cottages in the country that can boast of 5 resident Red Squirrels that feed and play in the garden daily
I have a feeling someone from Ravenstonedale might be along shortly :-)
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Windy wrote:Well done :-)
one of the very few cottages in the country that can boast of 5 resident Red Squirrels that feed and play in the garden daily
I have a feeling someone from Ravenstonedale might be along shortly :-)
Nah - we can only manage 4 Red Squirrels and a stoat called Colin :cry: . But at least the stoat doesn't cost a fortune in non tax deductible hazelnuts. :D (He prefers the birds' fat balls.)

This is Colin:

Congrats Cotterdale!
Windy

Post by Windy »

LOL - I want one!

(a stoat that is not an award ) :lol:
Cotterdale

Post by Cotterdale »

LOL I want one to :lol: