Creating a Facebook page for your business Part 1 2012

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

Creating a Facebook page for your business Part 1 2012

Post by Nemo »

I am finally starting a facebook page for business after much dithering. First question - where or what do I list it as - local business (then sub category local business) or company (sub category travel/leisure)? Does it make any difference in the long run?

I see that you need to put an address for a local business but only the name of the company if you use the other category.

PS. Jan 13. Part 1 has grown to 30 Pages so I have started a new thread. Have a read here, but for even more up to date info, go to part 2!
Last edited by Nemo on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ok I leapt in and created a local business page! Short and sweet at the moment. :)

Please can I ask people to like it, as I believe I need several likes before the url shortens?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 6131128061

Update: See page 13 or page 19 of this thread for a list of people who would like to be liked! PM me if you want to add your name to the list.
Last edited by Nemo on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Liked and shared!
enid

Post by enid »

Me too looks lovely
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

... and me too Nemo. Have fun with it and I hope it works for you.

If you find out how to edit posts after they are live, let me know! :oops:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
roczy

Post by roczy »

Looks really nice Nemo well done, and good luck, thumbs up :)
\Jon
The difficult we do straight away, the impossible takes a little longer.
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

2 from me. Hope they help.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

liked by me too
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

liked by me too
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Me too
Ross Hugo

Post by Ross Hugo »

Hi Nemo,

You can use an app called iframe wrapper to add extra content.

A good example is here:

http://www.facebook.com/YorkshireHolida ... 6773558886

In this case, it's an availability calendar close to my heart but of course, it could be anything.

Hope this helps.

Best
Ross Hugo
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks everyone so far. If you have a facebook business page, then I'd love to repay the compliment, so maybe edit your post to add your link, or give the name of the page?

I can see this taking hours to get it set up properly. Trying to add a badge to my website and so far I haven't found something that works properly. :( My site doesn't help as it is google and they modify the html as they please.
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Nemo - Duly liked and I like very much :D

Ross - Thanks for the link, I haven't seen that before :D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thanks Ross that's interesting.

I'm stumbling in the dark somewhat, without really understanding how it all works! I am very confused regarding the privacy settings and the link between my personal profile and business page. I want to ensure that whatever I do is only from my holiday page for business purposes, but some functions only seem to appear on my profile?

Can you see the photo of me and my name?

Can anyone help or point me to a step by step guide for dummies? I've read how to set it up and invite friends etc (yet to do) but after that I don't know what I'm doing. :oops:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I want to ensure that whatever I do is only from my holiday page for business purposes, but some functions only seem to appear on my profile?
Nemo, I can't be very much help, but (or should I say because) I'm in exactly the same situation as you, having just set up a Facebook page too. Although I do have a personal profile I've never been a 'proper' user (little time, less motivation!) so I'm stumbling round in the dark as well. What I have worked out (I think) is that I can click a link on the top right of my business page which lets me use FB as my page and not as my profile (oh, this is all so complicated!), so so far I've been doing that every time I interact as my page and not myself. Does that make sense? It sounds like it might be what you're looking for? I've just looked at your page, and I like it (and have 'liked' it) - and can't see your own name or photo at all.

I too would love to hear any useful gems from experienced 'pagers'. Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment with all the marketing stuff .... :?

I know Bacton well (once got my car stuck in the sand not far from there) as before I moved to France I was in Cley next the Sea. That lovely beach picture on your FB page has made me come over all nostalgic! Happy to share the muddling through process with you ..... This is mine:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Maison-G ... 5752320785