Creating a Facebook page for your business Part 1 2012

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hi folks, can we all use a different thread now to do all the mutual liking? This thread for example:

viewtopic.php?t=18766

This thread is now 30 pages long but has some very useful info for starting a business page, so I would hate for it to get lost any more than it is already. Lots of members do use the search facility to find useful threads, but imagine how long it takes to wade through all this!

I started a new 2013 thread, but that's not really for just thanking people please, just useful info and pertinent discussion. It can be found here.

viewtopic.php?t=18715

Please let this thread be put to bed now!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Ok - I have decided I definitely need a business FB page. Nemo once sent me an extremely good guide on how to do it, but I lost heart and wasn't used to FB at the time. Now, using the Book direct with owners & Dog friendly accomodation pages I feel more confident.

I have trawled through this thread but can't find an answer to my question. I understand that my Business FB page has to be created through my personal Profile but - will my 'friends' on my personal profile get the updates on my business page on their Timeline as I think many would get fed up with that. Is it manageable from the Privacy settings on the business page?

Thank you.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Your friends will only see the page if either you or they like it. If you like it or your own posts, then the posts or likes (at least in part, if not all) will appear in your personal timeline. If they like it, you hope it's because they want to. :wink:

Here's the newer thread on all things fb, well a year newer anyway, so not much. viewtopic.php?t=18715
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Big thank you
:D