Second guests!!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Hells Bells

Second guests!!

Post by Hells Bells »

Well, the second set of guests are in, and after all the questions they have had since they booked, I was pretty worried. He even rang me to ask about cleaning, and queried the price and the sleeping arrangements several times. Everything seemed fine when they arrived last night, but this morning they have rang my friend asking for garden furniture, also they couldn't get the TV tuned in socould we buy another antenna (the one we have plugs into the wall). Poor girl has raced round this afternoon to the shope that were open, and can't find the furniture or the antenna. I don't think a free standing thing would work anyway as there are lots of mountains and things around. Why do I get a feeling these problems aren't the last. I've also had a call from our estate agent saying the builder need to be back in to the apartment to do the snagging list. NO!!!
enid

Post by enid »

Courage mon brave! If he was nit picking before he arrived certain to be afterwards - I bet he leaves a great coment in your guest book!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

A Parisien banker, I knew he was trouble!!!
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

I hope for your sake he has the right type of snow. If not you know who fault that will be :roll:
Nessie
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nessie, it is about to snow for the next few days according to the forecast, so he wil probably say there was not enough sunshine, still it might put him off the garden furniture idea. It is after all -5c there at the moment, and it aint easy finding deckchairs in a ski resort. Unless I pinch a few from outside the mountain huts of course.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

It is after all -5c there at the moment
Are they totally loco!! Who on earth would want to sit on a deck chair in the garden at -5c :shock
enid

Post by enid »

Who on earth would want to sit on a deck chair in the garden at -5c
I expect people who like to start their holiday with a good moan - the apartment is so lovely they had to find something to complain about. I would tell them that we don't supply outside furniture at these temperatures - full stop!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Not that uncommon really, the sun gets quite strong at 1500m , and remember how 'outdoorsy' these skiers are.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Awful!!! I've just had an email from my keyholder to say the lady went back to the apartment at midday to find the door wide open and a plumber working in my bathroom!!!! As Mel (my keyholder) had only dropped off the key at the estate agents at 10.30 this morning (12 km away), with strict instructions NOT to do any work this week, we're concerned they have another key. The guest is apparently furious!! No wonder. The front door was wide open. I've sent her round with some wine etc and profuse apologies. I have already had to ask next week's guests if they minded the plumber calling (can't do it in between as it's Sunday changeover),
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Helen, no, nightmare!!

I used to dread the phone ringing in case it was a leaky roof etc but we've had very few call outs in the 3 years, thankfully. 1 gas leak, and a couple of boiler break downs. We have a new boiler now so fingers crossed.

We should have a new roof too by now, they were supposed to put up the scaffolding last week and make a start but no signs yet. We've guest the first week in March too who I'm sure would really really appreciate there being a roof on the cottage! I guess we'll have to delay and fit it into a gap if not. We did give plenty of notice but have suffered from the old tradesmen dragging of feet... :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thankfully, no gas, so no gas leaks. My Mum has had my aunt and Uncle staying since Saturday night as there is a gas leak outside her house that they can't seem to locate.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Well, they;ve gone, but not without further incident. Apparently the workmen turned up again, so she took the key off them. Also the guy fell skiing and fractured his shoulder, also one of the children was ill, and to cap it all, the pass out of the village northwards towards Paris was closed. In fact we have other guuests who haven't arrived yet. If any of you have watched the Olympics today, we're about half an hour from Sestriere.
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

We've got a falling down building next to our parking where the site has recently been sold. We've been somewhat nervous that it might have fallen and damaged guests, neighbours or us! Now it is going to be demolished and the builder is negotiating for some of our parking for his gear - he did ask and we know him well.

I guess the benefits of the improved property next door once they've finished has to be set against building work that is likely to go on most of the year. Should we provide ear-plugs in the welcome pack?

John
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

The building work will start again at the end of the Winter on the remaining 2 chalets. Most, but not all or the external structure seems to be done. I can't actually see them from my terrace though as I am on the opposite side of the site. The large expensive apartments will be able to though. Still , by the end of the Summer we will have an onsite pool, sauna and steam room. We even get a designated changing room for the apartment.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

ah, my roof has been started (guests in week today) but typically North East weather it is tipping down with rain today. Keep your fingers and everything crossed for me!