Second guests!!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Each weekend brings a new problem. Late last night I got a message from my friend to say the guests due today turned up a day early. She hadn't even managed to contact them as she'd been to the Olympics for the day. They'd called her three times, and tried to get into the apartment which had other guests in till this morning. Oh the joys of the rental business!! :roll: :roll:
Ju

Post by Ju »

Helen

You seem to be having a really bad time of it at the moment, it is not always like this, honest.

We have had guest turn up early before, 1pm instead of 4pm, but never a day early.

Ju
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I'm only hoping it isn't putting my friend off looking after the apartment!! She's having a tough time at the moment.
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi Helen,

Do you send a email to all your guests confirming arrival and departure details.? It might just avoid these problems arrising.

Last May, I had clients who booked and paid deposit at Christmas but I just had so much difficulty getting them to pay the final payment. I believe that he just had too much going on with work but would not delegate holiday arranging and payment to his wife. Following my email cancelling their holiday, I got the payment and apologies. 4 days into the holiday, he had to return to UK leaving the remaining family members here. On day of departure, I showed up and was not too surprised that they were not ready to vacate as they were not very organised. However, they had return flights booked for 2 days later and expected to stay on at the villa. I felt sorry for the children but I had another party due later on that day so they had to leave. Apparently, the husband could only get flights for a 9 day holiday instead of a week. He had told them that it was all arranged with me. :cry: So now I confirm arrival details and departure details in advance.

Cheers,

Maria
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Maria, of course I do. It would be foolish not to. All my correspondence with clients states the booking dates. They also booked using my online booking system and selected the dates themselves. They do realise now that it was their mistake, and are happily settling in.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

HelenB wrote:I'm only hoping it isn't putting my friend off looking after the apartment!! She's having a tough time at the moment.
Presumably you are paying her for doing this? If so, then it is a job, and like all jobs there will be times when things don't run 100% smoothly. It's just a shame that in your case it appears that these occasions have happened quickly!!!

I always think that 90% of the time my keyholder's job is fairly easy money, but she comes into her own when there is a crisis and more than makes up for it!!! (Thanks Rebeccca if you are reading this!!!)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I agree. Last weeks guests were no problem to her at all, once the poor souls had managed to fight through a storm to get there. I imagine they were a little bit disturbed yesterday when another family tried to move in with them.