Astroturf??

For anything to do with the garden and pool
katiebythesea

Astroturf??

Post by katiebythesea »

Hs anyne ever used this in a holiday renta property and was it successsful?
One of the smaller houses I manage has a small garden with a kind of lawn but in the summer it gets very hot and dry and ends up looking very ragged so I am wondering if astro turf would be a possible solution?
It is on a small slope so would be hard to tile or deck it, any other ideas?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

My friend had something similar done to her garden in London as she couldn't get the grass to grow well and it looks really good! It's a good quality one. Looking at it you wouldn't know and it feels OK too.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
katiebythesea

Post by katiebythesea »

Thanks Mouse - might get a free sample sent to me to see what its like.
I think it could work but why do things like this cost so much more in France than in the UK?!
I can find it from £5.99 a square metre here but over there is it more like 30 euros a square metre!!
Can't really work out why there is such a big difference in price....
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I think it could work but why do things like this cost so much more in France than in the UK?!
ah we suffer from that too. In fact we rarely buy anything from here anymore, we search online. Having just bought appliances for our new kitchen refit online we save nearly €1000 against the prices quoted in the local stores here - ridiculous.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

We rented a place a while ago with artificial grass. It was fantastic. Looked good, felt good and grew the odd weed. Not cheap though.