Enter Site Page

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
oskar

Enter Site Page

Post by oskar »

I´ve noticed that sometimes when you click on a link to go to a website, you initially go to an "Enter Site" page where you have to click on that to go the site´s homepage. What is the point of that? Does it serve a purpose and does it not just give people an extra click to have to make to get into the website?
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

I don't know the answer to that one but I really don't like them and sometimes don't bother with the extra click, I just wander off somewhere else,hopefully to a "enter here" free zone :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Oskar,

It's called a splash page, and it's a relic of the bygone days of web design. Although your reaction is (I think) the same as most people when they encounter one, there are still plenty of people who use them.

Cheers!
Brooke
Highams Park Harry

Post by Highams Park Harry »

I think it's a nod to the days when people had slow modem connections, it let you load a page that confirmed this was your site and perhaps a few lines of info

rather than them not bothering to wait for your main home page
Dordogne Holiday Cottage, sleeps eight
http://www.ruedelagare.co.uk
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

And sometimes it serves the purpose of directing you to a specific part of the website. Either an individual area, property or language.

Many fancy ones using flash cripple dial up users !

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Many people think it is "cool" to create a flashy first page that will "wow" people.

A lot of these do actually look quite cool once they have downloaded but are pretty useless.
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

And I ALWAYS "skip intro" if I am given the option!