Toiletries suppliers

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
orroland

Toiletries suppliers

Post by orroland »

I have three cottages and would like to upgrade our guest toiletries to full sized bottles of one of the recognised 'luxury' brands or something eco.

I'll provide soap and/or liquid soap and bath/shower gel.

If you have researched supplier products and prices and have a recommendation I'd love your advice about which supplier you went with and why.

Thank you in advance.
www.orroland.com

and

SuperControl online booking system -www.supercontrol.co.uk
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

We went with discontinued Duchy products - we managed to get them quite cheap (relatively). The Brits appreciate the quality but it is mainly the Germans who buy extra supplies to take home!

When we run out (in about 5 years time) I would probably go for Out of Eden - at the time we bought, we could not find anybody who was supplying nice stuff in 5 litre containers!
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Out of Eden. Why: Smells nice, refills, good choice of ranges, helpful. We use them at home too now.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Bath House ticked all our boxes:

Quality product and packaging
Pump bottles - no waste
Bottles in soft plastic so don't chip the bath when dropped - essential!!
Bulk refill packs
Very friendly local company, good presence in quality stores where their products are sold with a hefty price tag.

They're geared up to deal with the catering trade; they'll sell you empty bottles, labels and refill packs with dispenser pumps.

We've had a number of guests ask to buy some Bath House stuff, or taken a trip to one of their retail outlets (Ambleside and - I think - Kirkby Lonsdale).
BTW, no connection, but we like the company.

Couldn't quibble with Out of Eden - also local and very nice to deal with, but their toiletries didn't tick all our boxes when we were looking - might have changed since.

ps The Bath House Bamboo range has a nice pong suitable for men and women. (I'm told that the word should be "fragrance" - sorry.)
DaveN

Post by DaveN »

Out of Eden here too. They also provide free sample sets of the Cole & Lewis stuff so you can check that you like the pong before you buy 5L of the stuff!
Open for business.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Currently using all the hotel toiletries gained from extensive travels! As and when they run out I would go with Out of Eden as they are an exisitng supplier and a really nice company to deal with.

For those of you that supply large size rather than individual bottles etc, what products do you provide? Do you leave it loose or have it wall mounted?
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

What's the cole and lewis stuff like? I bought bath bits from a different OoE range and it wasn't all that great - I like the ones that are a bit molton brown smelly-likey (ie baylis and harding seem to be the best at the mo but others are catching up now).

Is Cole and Lewis at all like that? I was considering it but don't want to buy it in bulk if it's not what I want...

Anyone else got any recommendations for Molton Brown/Baylis & Harding liky's? (B&H is pretty cheap so that will do but can't get it in bulk - I'm after something that comes as 5 litres so I can refil pump bottles.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

ooh just noticed they'll do a sample, thanks
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
DaveN

Post by DaveN »

Hi Nemo, Nightowl,
We just provide handwash at the moment, and decant it from the 5L cans into the (300ml?) pump dispensers that Out of Eden also sell.
We currently use their own brand grapefruit and something hand wash, which I would say is OK rather 'premium'. We've had no comments from guests either way - but on the plus side nobody has 'accidentally' packed it with their own stuff yet!

With our last order I asked for samples of the Cole & Lewis stuff, and think I'll do with the lemongrass and bergamot next time, as it has a good 'unisex' smell, and does have a premium feel/smell to it.

The free samples were really well packaged in posh looking zip bags. I'm not sure if they sell small bottles in similar packaging - if they did then I'd be tempted to provide them (if finances allow) next year.
Open for business.
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

We use Pacific Products as they do White Company toiletries. http://www.pacificdirect.co.uk/

I discounted all other suppliers as I couldn't find anyone else who sold a recognised brand that didn't sound too much like a "hotel" toiletry. And our towels and bathrobes are from the White Company too so I wanted to continue on that theme.

The minimum order is fairly big (think we have enough for about 3 years!) but the quality is great and I am very pleased with the toiletries. When I go away I take some with me too!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thought I'd update this thread with information on 2 suppliers I found after searching high and low for soap and shower gel that would last guests up to 2 weeks.

I sourced the guest soaps from Pure Thoughts:
http://www.purethoughts.co.uk/
and I have to say for the price (95p per soap) it is a really good product. She does do trade and minimum order is £100 to get the discount (which is about 40%...so really good prices)

and the shower gel (more tricky as I wanted something that said quality but wasn't expensive :roll: ) from Organic Surge. They do handwash as well but I have quite a lot of White Co stuff to get through in the master bathroom and Zara home in the others.
http://www.organicsurge.com/department/bath-and-body
I asked about trade and they give 20% off...however I managed to find the product being sold on Amazon for a ridiculous price through a London pharmacy so bought as much as I could from there (limited choice though)

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!