Who is up for a bet?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
ourinns

Post by ourinns »

More to the point, why don't "we" register millionpixel-holiday-homes.com and give them a run for their money globally?

Arnold
Dog House

Post by Dog House »

millionpixel pages are usually a text only version so at least with the picture pop up it has viability, dont see the problem really as said before it's whole lot less than the lottery, found a press relese for the site on http://www.1888pressrelease.com/press-r ... 5l63k.html
It might go some way with an explanation

Dog House
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

paolo wrote:The interesting thing about this sort of scheme is that the more people talk about it online, even if it is to say 'Can you believe this shite?', the more it will be linked to, and the better it will work. It's a snowball effect.
I've just succumbed and bought my little pixel, I figured that at £10 for 2 years, I don't think I have much to lose (well, £10 I suppose!) and if I get just one booking out of it then it will have been worth it...
And it was so easy peasy to sign up to, although I did have a couple of questions and I emailed them last night. The guy responded really quickly with a very polite helpful email. He appears to have sold 330 little pixel blocks since 24th January - you do the math!

Good luck to him I say - wish I'd thought of it!!!! :lol:

Edit: (PS, my pixel is the tiny one just next to the massive discounted ferry fares advert).
CjBoatman

Post by CjBoatman »

Just saw this one.

I didn't ever think these things would work, now I am not too sure. If its good enough for Virgin, then maybe I will give it a go.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

CjBoatman wrote:If its good enough for Virgin, then maybe I will give it a go.
I thought that too... But a couple of days later, AFTER I had paid my money, it occurred to me that maybe Virgin et al didn't actually pay anything! After all, what better way to entice potential advertisers than to post up a couple of big name adverts for free, a sort of loss-leader???!!! :?

I am not saying that this is what has happened, but it may be, and if so, I fell for it!!! But I still say good luck to him - I had a couple of email exchanges with him as I initally chose the wrong pixel, and then I needed my text changed, and he replied promptly and courteously, and what more can you ask for just £10? :)
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I just idly went off to have a look and they seem to have sold (or given away?!) quite a few more pixels... and I'm sure I recognised a couple of other LMHers too! :)

But I am not aware of anybody finding us via this site yet! Time will tell...