Another review please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
moose

Another review please

Post by moose »

Our gite is very humble compared with some on this site - but would appreciate any comments for improvement!

www.laruette.com

Many thanks
enid

Post by enid »

I live the colour scheme - very easy on the eye - I like the text size too - these old eyes need a helping hand and this is very clear and readable. The text content is unfussy and gives clear, detailed information - just a few too many 'consists of' in the description of the accomodation but that's a minor thing.

The photos could be a little sharper and when I clicked for an enlargement that took ages- we are still dial up here !! I like your smokers policy - we don't smoke (reformed characters) but we wouldn't like to turn a group away because one of them did smoke - all our guests have respected the outside only rule so far (we haven't had many smokers in all).
Our gite is very humble compared with some on this site
I felt like that when I first joined LMH - our farmhouse cottages look very similar to your gite - but we do need to provide quality accommodation across the range - so humble has its place.

:) [/quote]
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

I like the site! clean crisp and to the point. The only thing I would change (this is so minor) would be to lose the borders on the thumbnails.
Cheers
PC
Ju

Post by Ju »

Well done, this is a very nice site. I like the colours, the text is easy to read, it is easy to navigate, and the information you need is all there. If I didn't already live in France I would be very interested in staying.

I think the property is very nice, in fact I think I will bookmark your page so if we ever get anyone asking for recommendations in Brittany (which often happens) I can point them your way.

A few, minor, comments.

1. I don't think your main photo on the home page is doing you justice. The sky isn't blue and there is a car in the background. Try and retake it on a sunny day, pehaps more "face on"

2. I couldn't see whether linen/towels are included or not, this needs to be clearly stated, either on the rates page or the accommodation page (or both for preference)

3. The local area page could do with some more text. I like to read about an area and get a feel for it, the list doesn't entice me in the same way. This would also help with search engines.

4. I would like to see an availability page. I know there are discussions here about this, and some people are against them, but I think they help bookings.

I hope these are helpful. Good luck with your bookings.

Ju
moose

Post by moose »

Thank you everyone thus far - I agree with the first piccy - but last summer it was derelect and its only just finished - the piccy of the pool was taken on a freezing day. Having chipped the ice off the pool in our coats, hats and gloves etc, we 'dressed' the pontoon and then a friend added the blue hue on the pooter!! (you can see in the corner there are no leaves on the tree!!!)

So we're just waiting now til summer when there's a lovely vine that grows down the side of the house and over the front door.

Other points taken on board also!