Comments please on my website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Happylady

Comments please on my website

Post by Happylady »

Been updating this as I go along. Just wanted to ask for comments: good or bad to help me along the way.

Thanks
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi happy, on your useful information page there's a heading "Custom". You can change the title of the page to describe the info.

Your "getting here" sub-page is also entitled Custom or are you still working on it?

You say the photos are available from end February....only two days to go!! :D
Happylady

Post by Happylady »

thanks will sort these :)
tavi wrote:Hi happy, on your useful information page there's a heading "Custom". You can change the title of the page to describe the info.

Your "getting here" sub-page is also entitled Custom or are you still working on it?

You say the photos are available from end February....only two days to go!! :D
CSE

Post by CSE »

The photo on the first page entitled “view from apartment leading to The Crescent” needs to be changed. Take it without the caravanette there.
All the photos need to be retaken on a sunnier day, in the summer or springtime perhaps? Some interior shots would also be an advantage, but drop the “car park” one.
Accommodation details: Some details as to what floor you are on and include a layout plan. How many do you allow to sleep at the property?
Your pricing policy. Whilst you say there is a minimum of 3 nights you also say that there is a discount for 3 or 4 nights. If you do not want stays for less than a week (that is how this pricing policy comes across) then do not discount.
The getting here page need to have a bit more information…. is there any public transport?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Happylady

Post by Happylady »

thanks for both comments most appreciated and have made alterations. Will be getting some better piccies soon (hopefully this weekend) :)
AMC

Post by AMC »

Hi Happylady
I am affraid i agree with casasantoestevo, your photos don't so far don't help you as well as they might.
I am sure that your new batch will make the world of difference. I know what a great place Filey is, i think you will have to catch it on a sunny/bright day for many to appreciate what a jewel it really is.

Maybe one or two pictures of the interior (wide angle lense if poss, hey, proffesionals do it to sell houses why not you). Its only an apartment but maximise the selling points.

Also i would suggest, as the year goes on, take one or two photos of the festivals, the view of the cliffs as the sun goes down (one of the best views on the east coast i would wager) and the bandstand in use etc etc etc, i am sure these will add to your site tremendously.
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

Hi Happylady, one or two comments: on the Availability page, I was at first confused by the word 'Bookings'. Personally, I would find 'Booked' less ambiguous. And maybe not everyone woud know what a Good Housekeeping bond was!

I also think your text needs a bit of brushing up, but that's me being pernickity, so take with a pinch of salt if it's not your thing. However, I do think sloppy English might give an unprofessional impression. For your consideration:

Prefered change over day > preferred
plenty - you've used it 5 times on the same page, once grammatically incorrectly: there's plenty of other things > there are plenty of other things. (The fact that things is plural is what counts.). You've also omitted an 'of': plenty pubs.
You use changeover day and change over day on the same page. No big deal, but it's something I would edit in my own text.
a walk on which gives marvellous coastal views (superfluous 'on')
I won't even go into commas and hyphens.

I'm a professional teacher, translator and editor, but ALWAYS ask someone else to read through my texts. In the past, I've hesitated to mention such things too often but have noticed that there are other LMHers who share the same feelings! Ah me! Whoever thought English was easy!
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

Don't want to be negative, but I see you've done nothing at all with my suggestions back in March (eg 'Prefered')!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I think all your comments, all of which were valid, were ignored. Their loss.
Circé

Post by Circé »

Not seen review request before.
Cut the 'sorry' out of no pets, you either take them or you don't.
As for no smoking, I'll never understand how anyone could enforce this! I don't smoke, so it bothers me not.
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

kevsboredagain wrote:I think all your comments, all of which were valid, were ignored. Their loss.
Nice to know some people read comments! It's just a bit disappointing when one takes time to respond to a plea for comments and then these aren't acknowledged!
Happylady

Post by Happylady »

most sincere apologies - I hadn't received notification that comments had been added to this topic and with everything that's been going on had forgotten to check on feedback. am taking a look now and many thanks for your comments
katz

Post by katz »

Happylady wrote:most sincere apologies - I hadn't received notification that comments had been added to this topic and with everything that's been going on had forgotten to check on feedback. am taking a look now and many thanks for your comments
I can sympathise - my notifications seem to stop occasionally and I know what it's like when you've got other things to focus on too :wink:
Marks

Post by Marks »

There is always 'view posts since your last visit' you can use each time you visit the forum.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
katz

Post by katz »

Marks wrote:There is always 'view posts since your last visit' you can use each time you visit the forum.
That's true and I often use that but when you are caught up in other things you might not think to come onto the website to take a look - the notifications usually "remind" me...