Same sex group perhaps?

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
CostaBlanca

Same sex group perhaps?

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,

I´ve just received an enquiry for 6 adults. A booking would be welcome but I am not so sure if it were 6 youngish guys :P .

So what is the best/politest way of finding out and their age at this early stage of an enquiry? I usually only ask for names and ages of children when the enquiry turns into a booking?

Cheers,
Maria
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Maria,

Ring them and have a chat. You will be able to figure out a lot about them.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Yes, thanks Clexane, I will ring them.

I have already emailed them with price and availability.

I once had a group in their 20´s who got really drunk one night and threatened to kill one another so I would not like a repeat performance if at all possible.

Cheers,
Maria
paolo

Post by paolo »

I must be partially dyslexic because I read this thread's topic as 'Some group sex perhaps?' Thought you were tapping into a niche market.

I agree that calling is the best solution.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
debk

Post by debk »

LOL @ Paolo.

I agree calling is best... but thought it might be worth mentioning that I regularly ask for the ages of all adults. I don't find it awkward (Can you please confirm the ages of everyone in your party?) and the only time people haven't replied, well, I assume they know why I'm asking. :lol:
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Deb,
Thanks, I suppose that I shouldn´t feel awkward in asking potential clients to my home their age! Now that I remember, I asked a group of 7 adults their ages and they were a smashing group of "thirty somethings" and they left the villa in very good order and were absolutely no trouble.

Paolo.
Ah now, you have got me thinking! Only joking.

Maria
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We quite often get enquiries for 'x' amount of adults .and the funniest enquiry was from '8' adults who specifically stated 'NO CHILDREN' on the enquiry form...they were all teachers who wanted to get away for a week for some piece and quiet away from children!
roxytoo

bookings

Post by roxytoo »

I have taken a booking for 2 20 year olds and 3 17-18 year olds who are all friends (though the two eldest are engaged) for the summer which I am nervous about!! Initially I turned them down but they persisted and mothers of the group started phoning pleading etc!! They have been to the area before as they had grandparents that owned property here. Eventaully I gave in but I have taken a very hefty booking depsoit AND got the parents to sign a guarantor contract, I am really keeping my fingers crossed!!! :?
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

Meishka I had a similar thing with two 20 year olds who turned out to be the perfect guests. Made me very embarrassed I had taken a larger deposit though I said it was because I remembered myself at that age.
Always Learning
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

I took a booking at the beginning of the year for a group of 18 year old girls who are coming for 1 week in July. I spoke to the 'leader' of the party (who came across as quite mature) and her Father who both assured me that the girls were all 'well behaved'. I've taken £300 security deposit and mobile telephone numbers of the parents.

We have had a couple of groups (mixed sex) who were all under 21 (graduate students on both occasions) and they left the villa immaculate. So this will be the first time we have accepted an 'all girl' group under 21! So..watch this space!!
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi there,
Maybe there is no need to worry too much about younger groups as many of you had positive stories to tell.

Anyway, I was unable to get these guys by phone and they did not respond by email. Ah well, will wait for next enquiry.

Thanks to you all,

Maria
CostaBlanca

Help! More advice needed.

Post by CostaBlanca »

Help again!

They have come back to me. I just knew it - 6 guys, the party leader age 43 and the others mid twenties.

This might be a risk and I don´t know if it is worth it. What do you think?

Maria
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mke sure you take a very large security deposit cheque that you cash before they arrive? I speak to the group and either make a joke about my pre conceptions of what they may do, or tell them I've had a previous bad experience with a similar make up of group, so I need to take a large security deposit. I get a lot of young groups of French people staying and they have always been very civilised and left the houses immaculate. But I always check them out first.
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Maria,

You have to trust your gut instinct. I would probably take the booking with a a respectable security deposit but thats only because our caretakers live nearby and I would make sure that they went around to 'clean' the pool everyday and of course check things out while cleaning :wink:

But if you are going to lose sleep over this and don't have anyone to keep an eye on things for you then forget it. Life is to short to tie yourself up in knots over one booking. If your gut tells you its wrong then it probably is and its not worth the hassle and worry.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Gracias chicas,

I decided not to continue with them as I have now received another enquiry. The 6 guys wanted a 8 night holiday in early June which I was considering but a 1 week stay would suit me better.

Cheers,
Maria