short midweek booking in April

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Clexane

short midweek booking in April

Post by Clexane »

We have just received a mid week enquiry for booking for three nights during the week before Easter. We are almost completely booked now between May and end of August and this has made us quite bullish.

Question is would you take the three day booking potentially killing off the chance of a full week booking or worse a two week booking for easter. We have generally let our Villa at all holidays and not sure which way to jump - bird in the hand and all that ... Helpful to get some views.

So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Not sure if you live on site, I don't and I've written anything less than 4 nights off as not worth the hassle by the time you clean, change linen etc. Did that period book last year? My time around Easter is proving popular this year.

I'm sure you're all aware from my previous posts that my mam had a saying for everything. If you said to her "A bird in the hand..." She'd reply "Yes, it sh*t's on your wrist".. :lol: I think I'd hang out.
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

I am not so bullish due to the bird flu scare earlier in the year for Turkey but I have just turned down a booking that wanted to run from a Monday to a Monday instead of a Thursday to a Thursday so I don't mess up the schedule and lose out on a weeks booking. Trust your judgement you are heavily booked for a reason and will probably get one that fits your needs perfectly if prepared to wait.
Always Learning
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We've got all of April booked except Easter week 15-22 but I am reluctant to put that week on a special offer until at least the 2nd/3rd week of March. However, I would not accept a booking of less than 4 nights purely because it would be too much hassle.
giofed

NEVER!

Post by giofed »

Responding to the original post....
Let me tell you some...I would never do that! Easter will be filled, it is still Feb and you got plenty of time to fill it up. Just post some ads on some pay per post sites, or do a short time 2 euro per clic adwords campaign...you will get better results and recover all the costs in no time.

This is my opinion at least. Thanks :)

Giofed
www.holiday-apartment-tuscany.net
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi there Giofed, welcome to the forum!! :) Why don't you post in the sticky "round of introductions" thread in the cafe also read an find out all about us guys? Sue
Ciaram

Post by Ciaram »

I've just turned down a three night weekend for second week of Easter with the hope of getting a week long booking but I'll probably end up offering it as a special deal on some parenting websites. It certainly takes guts but I reckon even at a discount on the week I could still make more than the 3 day rate. Easter and early May are difficult because of all the bank holidays and it's a pretty good idea to run these weeks from Monday - Monday. Will think about that for next year.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I've just had a booking someone wanting Bank hol mon 28th Aug to the next Sun.... :roll: I offered them the 26th - 2nd Sept but no good for them. They'll be hard pushed getting a 6 night break Mon - Sun at the height of the season unless someone is desparate....
Ju

Post by Ju »

Ciaram

Could I ask which parenting sites you use?

Thanks

Ju
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Thanks everybody. You have helped me come to the same conclusion that I should hold out. Its tough to say no but I think it will eventual pay in the long run. I will have to let you all know how it turns out!!
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Ciaram

Post by Ciaram »

Ju, I have sent you a PM but for the benefit of the others it's www.eumom.com and www.magicmum.com but you need to build some credibility on the bulletin board first. These both have an Irish focus but there must be loads of these parenting bullletin boards on international and UK parenting websites. Worth a try.