Holidaying in both my properties - you never can tell!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Nemo

Holidaying in both my properties - you never can tell!

Post by Nemo »

I have an existing booking for 3 nights during the Easter holidays. The guest has decided she wants to stay on for another 3 nights but the property she is in is booked afterwards. My other property is vacant, so she asked to stay there. It means creating a 2 night gap which I try not to do, but at the moment any booking is a good thing. So as I may lose a little income from the 2 night gap, I felt I had to charge the full short break price.

I worded and reworded the email, trying to make it sound positive and eventually sent it. To my surprise she wants to go ahead with the booking. This means she is paying more for her 6 nights than if she'd booked a week and has to pack up in order to move to the other property, probably with a short gap in the day so that both properties can be cleaned.

This was a booking I did not expect to close, so as the title says, you never can tell!
holidayloverxx

Post by holidayloverxx »

Nemo, I think most reasonable people would recognise that it is 2 short breaks, not a week's booking so would expect to pay accordingly.
Martha

Post by Martha »

It's true, you never know what someone's priorities are. I've had quite a few enquiries that I have been totally certain wouldn't book, who have gone ahead, and others which I've been equally certain would, who didn't.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix