LONG TIME...NO QUERIES - FREAKING OUT!!!!!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
casaatlantida

LONG TIME...NO QUERIES - FREAKING OUT!!!!!

Post by casaatlantida »

Grrrrrrrrr........

There are almost 7 weeks that I dont receive a booking. STRANGE!!!!..very strange!!!! Am advertised on OD, HR, HL , Homelidays and some other...and this never happened before - taking previous years experience - first time happening!!!!
What is the problem ??????? Do we need to make an extra effort????
Can you feed back your cases??..or is it just me????
Reg.
Alex

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/portugal/P5239.htm
When you want something well done, do it yourself....
marsh frog

Post by marsh frog »

We are in the UK and it is our first year so have no previous experience to go on. We were very busy with bookings in January, but since then very, very quiet. A couple of enquiries & just 1 weekend booking in Feb :cry:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/marshviewcottage
If you're fond of sand dunes and salty air....
James3214

Post by James3214 »

Well, you looked pretty well booked up according to your availability calender on the OD link? But best remove the Start Booking for 2010 and get the best weeks! on your booking notes.
casaatlantida

Dont get mo wrong

Post by casaatlantida »

James3214 wrote:Well, you looked pretty well booked up according to your availability calender on the OD link? But best remove the Start Booking for 2010 and get the best weeks! on your booking notes.
Youp - I am not complaining about my bookings but about the fact that it is taking sometime long that I dont hear news. Also April and May months are usually full booked - it is not the case this year.
Reg.
Alex.

And -TKU for the above suggestion!
When you want something well done, do it yourself....
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

That's a very healthy calendar TBH; you don't have that many weeks left for people to choose from, so that may account for part of the silence. :)
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

I see you have the same sticky weeks in April and July as I have - they just refuse to budge this year - very odd. I have usually sold them by now.

I wish I had all your bookings for Sept /October though - mine don;t normally come in until a bit later so there is time for me yet.
May and April were really slow to fill this year - most odd.

We also went for quite a few weeks without any enquiries which is very strange. That has never happened in the past but it is slowly picking up again now.

Totally different from last year - as different as the winter weather has been - it has been glorious here with hardly any rain but heavy frosts, killing avocado trees.
I am sure you will hear something soon but I agree with you, it is odd and quite disconcerting.
NewquayGetAway

Re: LONG TIME...NO QUERIES - FREAKING OUT!!!!!

Post by NewquayGetAway »

casaatlantida wrote:Grrrrrrrrr........

There are almost 7 weeks that I dont receive a booking. STRANGE!!!!..very strange!!!! Am advertised on OD, HR, HL , Homelidays and some other...and this never happened before - taking previous years experience - first time happening!!!!
What is the problem ??????? Do we need to make an extra effort????
Can you feed back your cases??..or is it just me????
Reg.
Alex

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/portugal/P5239.htm
Listing sites arn't performing very well for alot of people - i'm finding they appearing as high in google as they used to, i've decided to stop using them so much and concentrate on my own website and marketing this myself.
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

Perhaps not so surprising?
...in the UK, bookings are almost 5% down on the previous year. High unemployment, fears of job losses and a high rate of inflation have adversely affected the British consumer mood, and this is particularly apparent where holiday bookings are concerned.
There is a lot of doom and gloom around in Europe at the moment, and financial uncertainty.
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Yes.. I have had more conversions from my own website this year then from rental sites.
That is also a new one for me, especially as I haven't bothered with it very much, so perhaps I will also pay it more attention and spend more on that instead ?
NewquayGetAway

Post by NewquayGetAway »

fincafern wrote:Yes.. I have had more conversions from my own website this year then from rental sites.
That is also a new one for me, especially as I haven't bothered with it very much, so perhaps I will also pay it more attention and spend more on that instead ?
I do think this is the way forward in addition to listing sites but only if you have the skills + time to put the hours in to getting your site right - if you get it right it will pay off for you though.
Lisac

Post by Lisac »

The only problem with this is if you remove your ads the enquiries on your own website might dry up. This is because the listing site is where the guest originally found your property. Be careful just switching off!!
The holly grail is happiness.
ourinns

Post by ourinns »

Be very wary of dropping listings sites. Sometimes it's far from easy to track down just where your bookings come from.

As an example, some years back someone here was going to drop visitfrance.co.uk as they seemed to be getting no bookings from them. Instead, they dropped the site link (saving £30 if memory serves) and found that they had heaps of bookings from them. What had happened was that many of those booking when the link was there had done right click, open in tab/window which loses the tracking information.

Slightly vested interest on my part mind you, though listing with me is free :)

What I've noticed this year is that people have started browsing even later than usual. Generally there's a big jump in hits on the sites in January but it was well into February before that started this year.