Website review please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
celica

Website review please

Post by celica »

Hi all, first website here and wonder if I could get my rental website reviewed. All comments welcome and any suggestions to improve site would be helpful(':shock:')
moose

Post by moose »

Hi Celica - what a great looking place. If I had to sum your site up I'd call it crisp and clean!!! Lovely pics!

My only comments would be (IMHO!) is that on the fist page some of the name places don't have capitals (but should) and not sure if you're text is in bold or not but on my pooter it looks like it is so was quite hard on the eye. On the second page you've a full stop after beer (before snacks). Not nit picking but think it a real shame to let a great property and site down with basic typos. I also noticed that half way through, there seems to be a font change - might be better to keep it universal. Other than that I really liked it.

One thing on navigation though, I didn't always know what page I was on as the dot kept returning to the welcome page. One page had a heading which made it easier - so maybe have another look at that....

Other than that liked it alot!
Garri

Post by Garri »

Love the piccy of the mountains!

The banner ad for Euro-lotto is pointless. It's spammy and tacky and ruins what is otherwise a passable website and detracts from that stunning mountain photo.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Some nice photos and content. Maybe it's my screen size, but I see approx 2 inches of wasted white space on screen right, outside of your border.

Please.........please get rid of that lotto thingy. It's tacky, and smacks of scams.
Cheers
PC
Ju

Post by Ju »

Some nice photos, and the colours are nice and fresh. You must have got rid of the loto thing because I didn't see it.

A couple of comments.

It is not clear from your home page how many bedrooms you have, or how many the villa sleeps. This information should be up front.

You say that it is a luxury 3 story property, but don't mention the words holiday or rental or selfcatering. You need to make it clear up fron that you can rent this villa for your holiday.

Your prices seem VERY low. I don't know the turkish market at all, but £300 in high season for 6 bedrooms seems too cheap. Personnally I always worry when I'm booking somewhere that seems too cheap, as I want to know what is wrong with it.

Hope these comments help.

Ju
Garri

Post by Garri »

Yep, she's removed the lotto thingy - wise move and the mountain shot looks even more inviting now :wink:

One other thing, you've done a nice job with the graphics on the whole, not to my taste, but you've certainly put some thought into it. But, that image of the deck chair looks bad in context of site because it's a poor quality graphic. I'm guessing you've taken it from elsewhere otherwise you'd have put it on a transparent background to blend in with site more.

I'd lose it and replace it with something that fits in with the style of your site.
alexjanderson

Website Review

Post by alexjanderson »

Site look simple & clean.

More pictures of the property would be good (both inside & out).

As a previous post mentioned...your prices do seem very low. Golfing associated properties usually command top dollar. Are your prices in line with local competition?

Cheers

A