heat pump experiences please

For anything to do with the garden and pool
helene

heat pump experiences please

Post by helene »

We are currently looking at buying a heat pump for our pool (in ground 60 cubic metres constant depth of 1.3 metres) we are considering a Duratech 22T (22 kw) which is assembled in Belgium from Chinese parts and an Aquatherm Pro 35 kw(US manufacture) the US alternative is a approx 1000 Euros more expensive so does anyone out there have similar? or can recommend one. We are concerned that with the larger model we may create a mismatch in our system with an overpowerful heat pump relative to our pump size /pool
Many thanks in advance
Helene
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I have a tri phase PSA Optipac (now owned by Zodiac I believe), which was expensive, 5k euros in 2000, but it is still working and I've never had a problem with it. You pay your money....
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

I was just reading your query because we're looking to install one for our pool. We have one to heat our house, it's 20 kw but the ones we're looking at for our pool are only 10/12 kw, it holds 60 cubic meters too. Someone more experienced than me could answer your question but I'd check again before commiting to such a big one.
I'm getting slightly madder, each and every day!
Ju

Post by Ju »

35 kw output sounds way too big. We have 11Kw for a 60(ish) m3 pool. It is very effective,.
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

Mine is 11KW, too - for a pool of 60-70 m3 - following a month of cold dismal weather, the pool is at 29°C - it has a cover (abri) and I have had the heating on 24/24, but the guests are very happy because at least they can spend hours in the pool whilst the weather is terrible outside.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Our heat pump is also around 12kw (pool 55m3) which is okay. The heat pump is a aqua lux (I don’t recommend) we purchased it at piscines-online (I also don’t recommend them). The next heat pump I will buy (which may be sooner than I wished for) is one built to last & where you can purchase spare parts online.
We are looking at an abri, wow they are so expensive even in kit form!!! I could build another gite for the same price!!!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Mine is 13.5KW for 80m3.
You can get abris a lot cheaper than the list price if you negotiate. And I sold my old one on Leboncoin, worth looking there perhaps?