Anyone used this lot?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Paul Carmel

Anyone used this lot?

Post by Paul Carmel »

portsidepromotions.com

The main reason I ask is because they seem to have a credit card facility (charged at 3%) that you can use for bookings even if the don't come from there site.
Cheers
PC
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

I havn't used them directly, but comments I've received about them on COHR have been positive.

Kevin
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

I sent them an e-mail for more detials on the use of credit cards, and resived a promt reply.

"Hi,

The credit cards are in a state of flux at the moment - we use Villarenters but they have changed their system so you are now required to place your property with them for general bookings for which they charge a 10% fee.

This does not affect our members at the moment but we are having a meeting with Villarenters in a couple of weeks to sort everything out and see where we stand. In the meantime we are introducing our own software that will allow members to take credit card payments through the likes of Paypal, Worldpay and other credit card processors.

If you are only joining us for the credit card system and not for the enquiries then I would suggest you contact us in a few weeks when the position becomes clearer. One way or another we are determined our members will be able to take credit card payments as we feel that is the way the market is moving."

We shall see.
Cheers
PC
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

I've had an ad with them since last August - so far only 3 enquiries, all for periods which were already booked, so I don't know if they would have converted into bookings.
Chalky