sunnyrentals

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
brendan

sunnyrentals

Post by brendan »

Does anyone have any experience of sunnyrentals.com? I think they're aimed at the Scandinavian market.

Can anyone recommend sites targetting this market?

Many thanks
Casa Montana

RE: Sunny rentals

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi Brendan,

I've just had a sales call from sunnyrentals . com

Apparently there the 3 largest player in the business he tells me.

I've never heard of them. He's going to send me some info on email.

Cheers

Carl
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

It was discussed briefly last month: search.php?mode=results

Won't help you that much though. Sorry!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I had a call from them yesterday and am similarly looking for any feedback anyone has - they have emailed information to me, but of course it has a somewhat biased slant!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

They rang me on Monday & again yesterday. I heard them out on Monday (apparently they rang a couple of weeks before when we were away, as they started off telling me that they had spoken to XXXXX (my son) while we were out). Yesterday's call started off with exactly that opening again so I cut them off and told them I wasn't interested. (I find it quite creepy that they've kept a record of my son's name, that they've spoken to him, but not that they had the exact same conversation with me 3 days before)

On Monday they did send me 2 emails almost immediately after the call.

The first was full of 'trigger' phrases eg 'Hope this message finds you in best of your health', 'May God fulfill your all needs' etc, ... and that after I'd registered they would charge me a price 'it’s completely different from company’s prices:', which they would invoice separately & I should pay by credit card. To me it seemed scammy.

Then I got a second email, which seemed more professional, but towards the end 'As I mentioned on the telephone, we are desperately in need of good properties in Spain since we receive a lot of enquiries but do not have enough good properties. Therefore I’m willing to discuss a tailored offer to meet your needs'. ---- we are in France not Spain,
and 'I will give you a call on <date / time> as agreed to discuss further.' --- no date or time filled in and we hadn't discussed that. (THe highlighted words were in colour in the email).

Both counts not very professional, but maybe thats just their sales department!

booboo

Post by booboo »

We contacted them a few weeks ago, asking for a fee trial, after a lot of back and forth, they offered us 12 months for 100 euros down from 199 euros.

Went live a few weeks ago. They have a good customer surport,a chat box which they answer straight away except on weekends.

What I dont like is there is no way of telling if anyone is even looking at our listing!!!

When I asked about this they said it was coming in the next big update, but did'nt want to give a date on that, only that it would be in the next couple of months???

We did get an invoice sent by email. They say there are based in Denmark.
I sent myself an enquiry using a differant email address and name and I got it straight away.
What that all means I dont know yet! Watch this space :?
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Interesting!

They sent me an email too. The normal price is €199 for the 1st proerty and then €99 for each additional one. They are offering me a special deal of €180 for 3 properties for 12 months.

I'm unsure whether to try or not at this point....watch this space!
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Zur Alten Weinkelter

SunnyRentals

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Well !! i have just had my telephone call from them, to tell you the truth i dont know this compamy either.... anyway this is my offer they sent by e mail so they are workign their way around the holiday rental database

About SunnyRentals.com

We are Scandinavia and Russia’s leading holiday rentals website

Available in 9 languages

More than 120,000 guests visiting our site each month

Our main source markets are UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Ukraine and Russia

Our offers are published on more than 400 international websites and media, including Discovery Channel, MSN.se (Microsoft Social Network), Metro.ru, Resfeber.se, Rejsefeber.dk, Reisefeber.no, EasyVoyage, Finn.no, Reseguiden.se, Ciao, Kelkoo, Pricerunner, Jubii.dk and many others.

What we cando for you:

Source new guests for you from Scandinavia and Russia

Promote your property in our extensive marketing network

Guide potential guests to your property advert with our chat, email and telephone support

Our offer to owners who advertise includes:

One simple and competitive price, no hidden extras

Simple wizard to upload your property

Your full contact details show on your advert (as much as you wish to share)

24 large photos to show off your property

Priority in our search results

Promotion through our 400+ partner websites (mentioned above)

Special offer for you:

During March, I’m able to offer first time advertisers a special deal including extra marketing exposure for your new property on our site. This includes:

Inclusion as a Featured property in our weekly email Travel Newsletter

Promotion on our Facebook fan page (60,000+ fans!) and Twitter feed (5,000+ followers)

Promotion on our popular travel blog

Special Agency Price List For Your Properties:

If you promote one property: Regular cost is: €199. Best price for you: €140 for one year. Excluding VAT (if you have VAT number , then there will b no VAT charge)

If you promote 3 of your properties:

Regular price is: €199 for the first advert and €99 for any additional adverts. The total cost for 3 adverts will be: €1090.

Best Price for you: €240 (€80 each property for complete one year). Excluding VAT (if you have VAT number , then there will b no VAT charge)

i will leave them for a few days they will e mail me again no doubt ! with a better offer
and again i have not had experiences of any of the sites they list on
Zur Alten Weinkelter

sunnyrentals.com update

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

As expected i received another e mail

with a revised offer .... still not convinced :lol:

i m sending you a lowest deal, which is valid for the end of this month.

If you promote one property: Regular cost is: €199. Best price for you: €125 for one year. Excluding VAT (if you have VAT number , then there will b no VAT charge)

If you promote more than one properties:
Regular price is: €199 for the first advert and €99 for any additional adverts. The total cost for 4 adverts will be: €1090.
Best Price for you: €280 (€70 each property for complete one year). Excluding VAT (if you have VAT number , then there will b no VAT charge)

I ensures for at least 10 to 12 inquiries, and if you will be having 12 enquirers, and you are booked at lest for 2 or 3 then I don`t think so that you will be in any loss. And as i told you in earlier mail, that we are the no. 1 in Scandinavia n Russia, and second largest in all over world, we mean it.

Do take your time, think about it, reply me soon. Waiting for your positive reply.

Kind regards,

SunnyRentals.com
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

We were on there for a year (free entry). In that time, we only had one "enquiry". You had to log on to the site to read it IIRC and it turned out to be just a spam message.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
vallenuova

Post by vallenuova »

Any update about sunnyrentals.com ?
I just received a phone call from them offering a reduced rate but would like to know something more.
Thank you!
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

Third biggest in Scandinavia?

Never heard of them!
(live in Sweden, work in Denmark)
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
booboo

Post by booboo »

They keep sending us emails offering us deals, then they rang to ask what we thought. I was very polite and told them that we already had a paid listing with them and was surprised that the company did not know this, I also said that we had not had one enquire since our listing went live some months ago, she.... politly said.... that she.... would make sure.... we.... got more enquires and hung up :shock:
pambon

Post by pambon »

I have just been phoned & emailed by them and after reading these posts am not impressed! I wouldn't spend €199 on a site that hasn't proven itself to me anyway; at least they should offer a free 6 month trial.

Never heard of any of the links they included in the email either but as I'm suspicious of clicking on emailed links, I haven't checked them out. I may re-write them into my browser if I find the time!

Pity, the Scandinavian and Russian markets are two that I'd like to get into......sigh!
nichthewood

Post by nichthewood »

I think a FREE trial shows the site is serious about marketing you. It must work in there favour. Prove you can produce enquiries and people will part with there hard earned money. Come on listing sites "show us what your made off"