Simple cloning tool

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Marks

Simple cloning tool

Post by Marks »

I have a couple of really good photos I want to use in my adverts however they both have the date and time stamp on them. I used to have a good cloning tool which came with some free image manipulation software yonks ago. Currently I use Picassa to edit images but it doesn't have a cloning tool.

Any suggestions please? Needs to be free and simple enough for a simpleton to use :wink:
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've never used photo editing software other than Photoshop, but I know from my pro forum that some photographers use the free 'Gimp' programme alongside their full-blown Photoshop and swear that it does some editing tasks more quickly and efficiently.
Jim
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I can do them for you Marks, if you email them to me. Not sure what emailing would do to the quality of them but I'm happy to give it a go. :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
CSE

Post by CSE »

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Many thanks I used www.webinpaint.com Worked a treat :D
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
CSE

Post by CSE »

For those who want a programme which does this look at this give way for the day.
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/photo-objects-eraser/
Only available for the 31 March 2012
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

From Photo Eraser site's users' suggestions:
Add tooltip on every button such as for eraser, pencils, and others. Also, please fix the UNDO function. It doesn't work properly.
Imagine what this guy would want if he'd actually paid for the software! :D
Jim
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Well, I certainly would not have wished to pay more than a tenner for that piece of software. It certainly is a but klunky, but hey, it does the job:

** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
CSE

Post by CSE »

I agree that software presented on that website can be over priced, poorly developed or useless.
But giving it away for free is good news and if you miss the "offer" you will usually find someone in a comment making a reference to a similar programme which is free.
I have managed to download one or two programmes for free, however if you have a problem with your PC then you could end up loosing the programme, even a simple roll back to a date before you have installed the programme means a loss. :(