Up and running!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
CSE

Post by CSE »

If you cannot access your .htaccess file then you should talk to them. Add the code:

Code: Select all

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^( speysideholidaycottages\.co.uk)(:80)? [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://www. speysideholidaycottages.co.uk)(:/$1 [R=301,L]
Proviso: I have seen on the web similar codes. I was confused so experiments and this one worked for me. Maybe your web hosting service will need a slightly different code. Please check with them before making any changes.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Speyside Steve

Post by Speyside Steve »

katz wrote:you don't mention anything on the first page about fishing, as soon as I said to my husband that I was looking at some cottages in Speyside he said that's a great fishing area - is this one of your target markets?
Just a quick update to say that we have just booked a week to a group of keen anglers!! So, thank you for some fab feedback and a good tip. :)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Well done. Good feelings all round then. :D
katz

Post by katz »

Speyside Steve wrote:
katz wrote:you don't mention anything on the first page about fishing, as soon as I said to my husband that I was looking at some cottages in Speyside he said that's a great fishing area - is this one of your target markets?
Just a quick update to say that we have just booked a week to a group of keen anglers!! So, thank you for some fab feedback and a good tip. :)
Yay! Glad if my suggestions helped you secure a booking - makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about - well my hubby obviously does anway! :wink: :lol:

Now if you could just get me a booking via my website... :P :wink: