cost of pool

For anything to do with the garden and pool
lisaroo

cost of pool

Post by lisaroo »

hiya i havent been on for a while as ive been busy trying to get the house ready for rental (still not there, but with4 kids under 11 and a bussiness to run phew!!) anyway i have really struggled getting pool companies to even turn up or give me quotes :roll: its very frustrating as i am not far along enough in my french speaking to do something as important as this in french!!!
we have had the grand total out of 9 phonecalls, 2 come back to me??? :shock: do they not want the work? anyway..........

quote was for a 10x5 concrete base pool, with a ecosalt system, superflo pump and a zeofine ecologique filter! oh and a integeral roller shutter and 1 m decking surrounding the pool for...........60,000 euros :shock: should i be shocked??? this is not for a mosaic tile pool either, its a polyester gel coating!

should i be shocked?? we have managed to get them down to 44,000 euros as we are opting for a roller shutter thats outside the pool and hubby will tile around the pool, but ive just read thru and cant see any heating on there which im worried about now??? i just hope the next pool firm im awaiting on comes in a bit better :shock:
blonde but not dumb
Leslie May

Post by Leslie May »

-
Last edited by Leslie May on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
lisaroo

Post by lisaroo »

hi and thank you leslie for your reply,

yes in our are of messanges, landes (40) the holiday rental market is very profitable being only 1 mile flat walk from the sea, and ive researched other simular properties and their availability tables are completley booked for the whole of july, august and sept!!
i think its just the shock of it to be honest as we had a figure in our head that was our top budget! which if im honest was more in the 30's
i have had another quote back today which is pretty much coming in the same :roll: so just awaiting another tomorrow but he is pushing for a "liner" pool which wasnt really what we were after?
problem is the language barrier as well as im only 6 months into learning so not enough to close a "deal" if you know what i mean? which makes it difficult to get them to understand when you want to chop and change things, ha and a bit of bargaining!!
blonde but not dumb
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

What is wrong with an inground liner pool? I would never have a fibreglass in ground pool as I understand that they pop out from time to time, but an inground concrete surround with liner seems to be the norm for most people, and would certainly come in at a lot less than 60k euros, probably at least half that with a very good pool heater.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I'm not shoked at the quotes at all. I do wonder why you are only having 1m round the pool though as it isn't any where big enough.

Agree with LV - liner pools are the norm. Are you going to get more bookings or be able to charge more because you have a gel pool? I don't think so.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

A thing to be aware of with French quotes is that if it is not listed on the quote it is not included. They tend to list less than you might reasonably want to bring the price down.

This is a major project and investment, you want to be really sure that you know what you want and what you are getting. You are also going to find it really difficult to compare like for like as each company is going to be offering you something subtly different.

I would recommend that you go and look at will witt's site. He is English and has a kind of excel programme that helps you plan the cost of a pool. When you know what you really want then you can reasonably start negotiating.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Ju wrote:I'm not shoked at the quotes at all. I do wonder why you are only having 1m round the pool though as it isn't any where big enough.

Agree with LV - liner pools are the norm. Are you going to get more bookings or be able to charge more because you have a gel pool? I don't think so.
I agree with this. The price seems OK, bit steep but not hugely so, the prices have got up steadily in the last few years. I would get a bigger plage area though, 1 m not enough to put your loungers on. How about 1 m round 2 or 3 sides but quite a bit more on the other/s, that looks more luxurious but keeps the costs down. Also- do you want decking? Have you thought about paving stones, the smooth poolside ones feel lovely underfoot and look good, with no gaps for things to fall through ?
lisaroo

Post by lisaroo »

hi everyone and thankyou for you replies!

firstly la vache there is absolutley nothing wrong with a liner pool if that is what you want but its like everything i suppose we all have different wants and desires, for us our desire would be a mosaic pool but the price for this would be substancially more so have gone for the polyester gel coating which gives the contemporary finish we are after.

Ju, i can assure you that 1 metre "terrassement" around the pool is plenty as off the pool surround there is already an adjoining patio area (which they are joining the red cedar surround to) and trees, lawn etc and at £5000 im certainly not opting for more than i need haha!!

thanks wallypot, yes i have realised now today that the heating system was on the after all, oversight by me :roll: and i am now happy to go ahead.

Fraise, the loungers will have their own pride of place on their own "jetty" so to speak which is another area next to the pool, and the 1m surround flows perfectly straight on to our patio anyway so there isnt any need for any more, the wood surround is actually like a block flooring so it has a "click in" system which we wont have much in the way of gaps anyway! the reason i am going for the wood surround is that there are already grey tiles on the ajoining patio area and i wanted more of a contrast if you know what i mean?

all in all though i must stress that our villa is in fact 80% our holiday home and only 20% rental as we wouldnt mind dragging some of the money back to help to pay it off, as when we have i doubt we will rent it out then, so if you can understand this is why we are putting luxuries in for "us" and not really just a bussiness venture.

thankyou all for your help, hopefully i can get the ball rolling today.......wish me luck x lisa
blonde but not dumb
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

lisaroo wrote:

Fraise, the loungers will have their own pride of place on their own "jetty" so to speak which is another area next to the pool, and the 1m surround flows perfectly straight on to our patio anyway so there isnt any need for any more, the wood surround is actually like a block flooring so it has a "click in" system which we wont have much in the way of gaps anyway! the reason i am going for the wood surround is that there are already grey tiles on the ajoining patio area and i wanted more of a contrast if you know what i mean?

thankyou all for your help, hopefully i can get the ball rolling today.......wish me luck x lisa
Brilliant ! Sounds lovely. Good luck :lol: