New to LMH, New to the Web

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
iracathey

New to LMH, New to the Web

Post by iracathey »

Howdy,
My wife and I have purchased a modest village house in Cazouls-les-Beziers, visit a couple of times a year, rent it out when we can, and plan to retire to the Languedoc in a few years using the property as a stopping place as we find more permanent digs.

We'd appreciate any comments on our website www.southfrancerental.com as well as any advice on property managers, rental sites, and the like.

Thanks for your time.
Always Willing, Always Learning
Always Just a Bit Off Center
Ira & Cathey
www.southfrancerental.com
Highams Park Harry

Post by Highams Park Harry »

not bad at all, quite charming, perhaps a bit too much colour, perhaps not

one simple thing I'd suggest is to get the pages to centre for larger screens, it's a simple thing to do but something that makes the site look one better than the simple home made jobs
Dordogne Holiday Cottage, sleeps eight
http://www.ruedelagare.co.uk
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

others will give ideas on cosmetic improvements to the website.

But, very important, is to make it visible to the potential customers via search engines. The prettiest website in the world is useless if no one sees it ? You can check out your google progress here : http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... tal.com%2F. Compare your results with my older established site here.

And, as of today, google is the first one to target. Note that "Le Coeur de Cazouls" returns a dating site as No 1, and you are not on the first page !

So, go to "personal websites" on this forum and read, read, read ! You can also use the search facility.

Don't know what your keywords are (languedoc, Le Coeur de Cazouls, Beziers, holiday rentals, Beziers, ?), but you need to include them in your headers, page titles, text, meta tags, etc.

As a start you need inward links from relevant, high page rank, websites (email me !).

Bonne chance

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com