Page Opens Off Centre

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
pambon

Page Opens Off Centre

Post by pambon »

I know this is elementary, but not for me!

When opening a website part of the right side of the page has disappeared (scroll down bar and the 3 little boxes at top right).
I have managed to centre the page better but not enough and when I use my cursor to continue to pull it up to the left hand corner nothing is happening; I have about a one inch space down the left.

Help please! And can anyone tell me why it goes off centre?

Thanks.
CSE

Post by CSE »

When opening a website part of the right side of the page has disappeared
Which website?
If you mean the one in your signature it looks ok to me.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I suspect you are talking about the browser window having moved off to the right outside the scope of the screen ?

You need to click on the top of the browser window and drag to the left, then resize the window.

Does any of that make sense ?

If not, or if I have misunderstood, then please explain more clearly what is happening.

For example, are you on a PC, or Mac, do you know what browser you are using ? Do you know how to take a screenshot cos that will help a lot ?

Its very very difficult to diagnose from what you have told us.

viz. casasantoestevo has come up with a completely different diagnosis of a completely different problem. I could be completely wrong, or he could be wrong. Its hard to tell.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
pambon

Post by pambon »

OK, I'll try more specifics :wink:

Acer laptop working with Windows XP Home Edition SP3. Browser is Google Chrome.

When I open a (any) website it opens dragged to the right, in other words I can't access the 3 icons at top right or the drag down side bar.

From what info I have gained from the internet (off centre!) it seems to be a settings and resolution problem possibly caused by our electricity going on and off very quickly (seconds) every now and again. (I do have the laptop plugged into a backup...)

In the past I was able to correct it by right clicking properties on my desktop, going to settings and changing the resolution (size) of the icons etc on my desktop to enormous, clicking OK to apply it and then re-setting it again to 'normal' as before. Now it is not responding to this method.

I also tried another suggestion I found, press Alt & Space together and follow instructions in the window that appeared, but no window appeared!

Hope this helps otherwise it's a trip to my guru :cry:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Yup, that makes sense, and its as I thought.

Now, can you click in the grey area above the tabs hold the mouse down and drag to the left ?

When I say grey area, it could be a different colour (if you had chosen some different options, but hopefully you will understand that I mean the border area inside the browser, above the tabs.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
pambon

Post by pambon »

Oh MY !!!!!!!Done it e-richard, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I said so elementary for you IT guys but impossible for an ancient silver surfer struggling with technology!!!
Thank you.