Furniture deliveries in France

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
crosslandv1

Post by crosslandv1 »

We are looking into having furniture delivered to France using Furniture for France. I was just wondering if anyone has used this company or if anyone has any other recommendations for companies, other than Ikea, that deliver furniture to France.
Thanks
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I used these people a couple of years ago and found them very reasonable and were extremely nice to deal with, both in arranging the whole thing, at pick up time and delivery at the other end. I was moving an entire baby's nursery from the Cotswolds to the South of France. Everything was boxed and some things were flat packed so it was a 'part load' and I had to wait until they were going that way http://www.removalsworldwide.com/ They charged less than half the price of some quotes I got even though they are based somewhere like Hull I think.
crosslandv1

Post by crosslandv1 »

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is really useful and we will probably give them a try. Its great to get a personal take on things.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

Try www.anyvan.com you post your job and people bid on it - from high to low. I have been really impressed by the service.
Ju

Post by Ju »

laredoute is pretty good for furniture. If you are wanting more upmarket stuff try camif.
dizza2560

Post by dizza2560 »

We have used both anyvan ans shiply, the auction aspect is great, competing for business, we found the cost of bikes in France to be very high, so sourced them here, packed them up and got quotes. Delivery from Cambridge to La Palmyre was £158. A bargain we thought!. Worth a try.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I think I may have misunderstood the question. Were you going to buy all your furniture in one place and get them to deliver their own stuff? I was recommending a removal firm, not a furniture supplier.