At the risk of sounding cheesy

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

booboo wrote: We are delighted you have choosen to stay here in the lovely haloze hills and we are looking forward to meeting your four legged friend.
That sounds great to me, booboo. (I might stick a 'you and' before 'your four legged friend' though!). I don't think you're being neurotic - it's just that we're all stuck in our metaphorical little windowless offices and don't have a coffee machine where we can meet up and throw things around, so it's easy to feel isolated and lose confidence in how to go about things, however long (or short) a time we've been doing it ..... Thank heavens for LMH, eh :D
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hmm....I'm starting to question whether I should be more enthusiastic then!

I use PIMS so my emails are standard and I usually only tweak a few details where required.

Trouble is I don't (usually) GET enthusiastic booking enquiries etc, so I guess I'm just emailing like with like. Would I convert more enquiries if I upped the enthusiasm level I wonder? :?
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

French Cricket wrote: (I might stick a 'you and' before 'your four legged friend' though!). :D
Just recovering from a fit of the giggles while imagining saying: "Couldn't care less about you but just can't wait to get my hands on your four legged friend!"

Sorry! Shall creep back into little windowless office.
booboo

Post by booboo »

French Cricket wrote:

That sounds great to me, booboo. (I might stick a 'you and' before 'your four legged friend' though!).
Thanks for that FC, that is so me, thinking of the animal and forgetting the person!! I would never have spotted it.

LMH is just the best, dont know what I would have done
without it :)
booboo

Post by booboo »

Wonkeye wrote:
French Cricket wrote: (I might stick a 'you and' before 'your four legged friend' though!). :D
Just recovering from a fit of the giggles while imagining saying: "Couldn't care less about you but just can't wait to get my hands on your four legged friend!"
:D :D :D the thing is, its so true!!! :D :D :D
Wonkeye

Post by Wonkeye »

booboo wrote:
:D :D :D the thing is, its so true!!! :D :D :D[/quote]

In that case, I don't know how you're going to control yourself when they all arrive :roll:
booboo

Post by booboo »

Nemo wrote:Hmm....I'm starting to question whether I should be more enthusiastic then!

I use PIMS so my emails are standard and I usually only tweak a few details where required.

Trouble is I don't (usually) GET enthusiastic booking enquiries etc, so I guess I'm just emailing like with like. Would I convert more enquiries if I upped the enthusiasm level I wonder? :?
Nemo I dont like it when its too OTT. But when it comes to animals I need to know that mine are welcome, I dont have any children, when someone tells me that little bit extra about their pet I know its loved and important to them. I picked up on the fact that his dog is well travelled, that tells me they go nowhere without it and if their like me.... knowing my dog is truly welcome before I arrive and not just someone putting up with it, just for the money... will make all the difference to how they feel about their holiday.
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

I like your response it's not OTT, but I think it is good to show people that we appreciate that of all the hundreds/thousands of places they could go and stay they chose ours... so I like to thank them for choosing us. So, good job on your response.

I too so appreciate all the great things learned on LMH, thanks everyone!

Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)