When do you get bookings ?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.

Do you receive most of your bookings ?

More than 6 months in advance
19%
Between 3 and 6 months in advance
54%
Between 2 and 3 months in advance
27%
Less than 1 month in advance
No votes

Total votes: 26

kevincohr

When do you get bookings ?

Post by kevincohr »

I am interested in finding out how far in advance you receive bookings. Any comments on pricing / discounts would also be of interest.

Thanks,

Kevin
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi Kevin.
the bookings I took up until I put my new availibility and rates up (around Oct) I just charged at last years rate.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Kevine I get bookings from as far ahead as a year or more and sometimes only a week before the arrival date (mainly French guests). My bookings don't fit nicely into any of the categories!
Ju

Post by Ju »

I agree with Susan, it is a variable feast. For August we can book a year in advance, for May it could be just a few weeks.

Also, just because some people book a year in advance doesn't mean there is no-one looking a month in advance, just that we would be already booked.

Ju
gh

Re: When do you get bookings ?

Post by gh »

kevincohr wrote:I am interested in finding out how far in advance you receive bookings. Any comments on pricing / discounts would also be of interest.

Thanks,

Kevin
Hi Kevin, I have tried to understand things from a renters point of view, what it is they want? not easy is it.So we decided being an average family holidaying in France for 10yrs with 3 children, sometimes with g,parents, we needed 4bedrooms,outside space with views and garden, sat tv, dishwasher, min 2 bath,private pool nr/in village, bakers, supermarket, no owners on site,peaceful, not to rural, things to do during bad weather within 1 hrs drive and ensured ours had this criteria for familys like us or two familys on holiday together.
Most of our bookings for July & August 2006 came in from Sept/Dec 2005 at listed price. We up'd the prices as availability fell, Jan/Feb received bookings for May & June and now have only 1 wk in May availabile. We have been renting for 4 yrs for us it's a case of supply and demand, the less availabily the higher price we can attract. We don't rent our house Oct to March with the exception of Chirstmas/New Year if we decide not to go we offer a last minute discount, sometime successful sometime not 2005 yes.
Hope this helps with your gathering of info. If I had my way I wouldn't rent and be there more often, however, MOH enjoys his work and tells me we are to young to retire. :roll:
How are you doing this year?
Going by the current poll situation I'm last in it with 11 votes 8)
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

We get most of ours from December to February and during that period we usually get the summer booked out plus a few weeks either side. Our area isn't an all year rounder in any case - so anything I get outside of about October - April is an unexpected bonus; but I might only get one week or so in May or June because pools are not open etc.
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......