What percent of your bookings come from your Personal Site?

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.

What percent of your bookings come from your personal site ?

Less than 10 %
41%
Between 10 -20 %
18%
Between 20 and 50%
6%
More than 50%
35%

Total votes: 17

kevincohr

What percent of your bookings come from your Personal Site?

Post by kevincohr »

I am interested in finding out what percentage of your bookings come from your personal web site. Also, are the renters who book through your pesonal web site different in any way from those that come through rental listing sites ?

Thanks,

Kevin
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

It's very difficult to tell, because often people will find our personal site having clicked through to it from a rental listing site, therefore I can't give you an accurate figure and so haven't voted.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I'm with Catherine on this one.

Ju
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

similar for me. I do look at my hit counter though to check which of the two listing sites I use are getting me click thru's. I'd like to think the listing site sends them my way then the website extra info clinches the deal.
gh

Re: What percent of your bookings come from your Personal Si

Post by gh »

kevincohr wrote:I am interested in finding out what percentage of your bookings come from your personal web site. Also, are the renters who book through your pesonal web site different in any way from those that come through rental listing sites ?

Thanks,

Kevin
As all our bookings are via paid listings can't help with your poll, just interest to know what you mean by, "renters who come via personal web sites are different in any way from listed site".

Regards
ourinns

Post by ourinns »

It's relatively easy for us to tell as almost all of the bookings arriving via listings are via reservation systems which made up around 70% of our bookings from last year.

This year, the picture is still emerging but following the little update of our website last September the number of bookings from that is drastically up. It's very early days yet as the bulk of our bookings are only 2-3 weeks ahead of the guests arriving but it looks like the ratio might turn out to be something like 70% ownsite bookings this year.

Arnold
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

[quote="johnel

As all our bookings are via paid listings can't help with your poll, just interest to know what you mean by, "renters who come via personal web sites are different in any way from listed site".

Regards[/quote]

For example, differences in demographics ( e.g. more families), the timing of enquiries ( e.g. how far in advance), the conversion rate from enquiries to bookings etc etc

I suspect visitors to a personal web site are more serious about your property than the typical enquirier on a listing site.

Thanks,

Kevin
ourinns

Post by ourinns »

We find that we get bookings via our own site much further in advance eg we now have one for October from our site vs Easter for listings sites.

Overall, I agree that enquiries arriving via our own site are much more likely to book than those arriving via listings site entries. I think that it's almost 100% who book if they enquire via our own site vs more like 30-50% from listings sites. I think that's a side-effect of our own site having considerably more information about our place than the listings sites do so that our website effectively weeds out those that aren't attracted by some aspect of our place.

Arnold
Splash Internet

Post by Splash Internet »

kevincohr wrote:I am interested in finding out what percentage of your bookings come from your personal web site. Also, are the renters who book through your pesonal web site different in any way from those that come through rental listing sites ?
95% through our site, with a few guided up the road by the tourist office
---------------
Mike
http://www.Splash-Internet.com
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Having our own site definetly helps conversion ... I have not doubt about that. I agree with Arnold that conversions that channel through our site almost always convert if there is availability.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mike,
95% through our site, with a few guided up the road by the tourist office
What site would that be? The one quote here is a business site not a property site.

Alan