Please review my website - www.relaxincapeverde.com

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
scan1

Please review my website - www.relaxincapeverde.com

Post by scan1 »

Hi All,

I have been looking through this forum for a while and have followed some of the advice to set up my website using Promote My Place.

I'd be very grateful if you could provide me with some feedback on my site:

www.relaxincapeverde.com

I'm currently ranking very low on Google - about page 5 at the best and am trying out Google Ads (free £50 voucher) to try and bring some more traffic to the site. I've also signed up with HL and have a link to my website from there.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks
Sanjay
tavi

Post by tavi »

Hi, the site looks great and very informative.

I only had a quick look but would have three tiny comments:

The photos could be improved(while saying this I know I need to improve my own!) dress the interior shots a little more - beds made up with clean, crisp linen...towels in bathroom (on video), table laid for a meal, cushions/books/flowers around the place?

The photo of the horse-riding shows an unfinished main road with cement and kerbstones strewn around....not a good advert for your apartment or for the Island of Sal.

Not sure if I missed it but couldn't see whether bedding, towels, and cleaning is all included in your price.

Good luck!
scan1

Post by scan1 »

Thanks for taking time to look at the website and the feedback, Tavi.

I'll update the photo with the horses shortly. I'll make the other changes you've suggested as well but will nedd to wait until I go out there again in a month.

Thanks again.

Sanjay
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Agree with tavi about dressing some of the interior shots. It looks a bit - how can I put this - bare!

This might be me being dumb, but - um - I'd never heard of Cape Verde before I looked at your site. The beaches look lovely. But my guess is that your market might include lots of other people who've never heard of it either, but who are looking for somewhere quieter and more unspoilt than the big Canary Islands or Madeira. I wonder if you shouldn't have something more about your location on the landing page? Yes, I know there's a link, but on your welcome page there's nothing to say where Cape Verde is. It's a bit like me saying I'm in Ariège - which no-one's ever heard of - and not saying which country I'm in ..... :?
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

I agree with FC. Cap Verde has an interesting history and it could be worth talking about the importance it's had as a stepping stone between Africa and America.
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
scan1

Post by scan1 »

Thanks French Cricket, Beach Condo.

I'd assumed that the people looking for an apartment in cape verde would have already decided to go there and so had played down the background. But you're right, I'll strengthen the intro.

Cheers.

Sanjay
katz

Post by katz »

I agree that the photo's need to be improved - they look a little washed out, also more information on the islands themselves would be useful as others have said - why would I want to go there other than to sit on the beach (I am not a beach person...)?

Other than that the only thing I noticed is that the word "calendar" is misspelt on your Availability page.

The site has a clean nice feel and is informative and easy to navigate. I like it 8)
CSE

Post by CSE »

I will not go over the previous points made, so here are some more thoughts:
When in the gallery the page behind is not dimmed enough. I can still see the arrow for the video, in fact like an idiot, I hit it thinking it was to load the next photo. Maybe consider darkening the page behind even more so this does not show.

The location map cannot be panned or zoomed in and out.
I appreciate the information about the visa, but you have given the price in Euros. Would it not be better in U.K. pounds?
I looked at your video on Youtube you have not given a working link back to your website. Sue the full address http://www.relaxincapeverde.com i.e. add the bit before the www. Maybe add some music to the video.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
scan1

Post by scan1 »

Thanks for the feedback Katz and casasantoestevo;

I'll update the photos on my next trip. I'll also take on board your suggestions of explaining more about Cape Verde.

Good spot of the typo, Katz.

I've fixed the zoom on the map.

The VISAs can only be paid for in Euros and not Sterling - I'll make that clearer.

Thanks for pointing out the HTTP . I hadn't realised the difference.

Thanks all for yor feedback. having incorporated most of it, the traffic to the site is increasing, the bounce rate decreasing and the amount of time spent on the site is increasing. Hopefully, the visits will start converting to bookings soon. :D

Sanjay
mfarmer

Post by mfarmer »

An excellent very comprehensive and modern looking.
I would just think about using some more contemporary bed covers and fabrics to make the rooms look abit more upto date, but that is really nit picky of me!