Organic searches - Google Analytics

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Holiday Ray

Organic searches - Google Analytics

Post by Holiday Ray »

On Google Analytics

When I go to

Traffic Sources - search - organic

The number one 'Keyword' by far, is always displayed as - (not provided)

Do any of you good folks know if there is a way to find out what the details actually are ?

I assume there isn't, otherwise they would be provided, but, as there are so many hits for those keywords (whatever they are) I just want to ensure I'm not 'missing a trick' here !
Ray
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Hadn't come across this, so you prompted me to have a look at mine!

"Not provided" is listed at key word no 2, but no 1 through to 5 all have my property name within, so the conclusion is......... :?

Found this article which explains why this is though http://garrettmickley.hubpages.com/hub/ ... t-Provided

Google "protection"? Give me a break!
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Thanks for finding that nemo.

I obviously don't quite understand what Google are saying here ?

How does displaying what the keywords visitors are searching for, reveal who the visitor is - or would you then be able to 'drill down' and discover the origin of that particular visit ?
Since the change, some sites have seen more than 2% of their keywords being (Not Provided). In a month or two this could be so much bigger for all of us.
2% - I wish.

If it were only 2% I wouldn't be on here asking the question.

The last couple of days (which has been indicative of most months) 13 out of 23 Keyword 'hits' have been recorded as (Not Provided).

That ain't no 2% :shock:
Ray
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

No, but this article was six months ago, so I guess the growth in "not provided" is what was predicted!
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Maybe so nemo

And if it continues at that rate - before we know it, you won't be able to tell how effective your chosen Keywords are from GG Analytics, because most of the info about them will be

(not provided) :roll:
Ray
Richy

Post by Richy »

Sounds like its time to re-activate the old stat counter account!