Discussion about posting your Facebook pages

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
linda que linda

Post by linda que linda »

I "liked" the FB sites on the sticky from my personal page because I didn't know I could like them from the Casa Rosalinda FB page. I just recently put the page together and am still sussing out the whole thing. It was easy to go down Paolo's list and just click and like. It went pretty fast, actually. There were so many pages I wanted to linger on or add comments, but I had a deadline to get out the door.

I also thank those of you who reciprocated so quickly and do hope for more. I apologize in advance for the spate of updates you may see, as I am still in the stage of getting the page where I want it, then blast it out to the rest of my FB friends, after which I will only post pertinent events or updates.

You folks have awesome properties!
sunnysrqbeach

Post by sunnysrqbeach »

sunnysrqbeach

Post by sunnysrqbeach »

roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

ok , is there a way that everytime I post something on my facebook page it does not come onto my home page , do I have a choice? I know that may be defeating the whole thing but am conscious of doing it tooo much on my business page and irritating peeps!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

roxy, do you think you could repost your question on this thread: viewtopic.php?t=16494?

This one really is just for links to people's FB pages, not for discussion (and I asked for it, so I feel a bit of responsibility to keep it 'clean')!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

sorry :oops:
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I just wanted to add my thoughts to liking other people's pages. I'm still very unclear as to how useful or otherwise it is to have lots of likes. I do know however that from a personal perspective I want to follow other pages that I am interested in (which may well be other members pages :wink: ) or have some relevance to my business.

I have found that if I have liked too many pages, the stuff I actually want to follow disappears amongst too much information on my news feed.

Therefore whilst I am happy to like the page of an active member, I am not going to like the page of someone who joins here as a member simply to post their facebook page. I don't know how you others feel about this process or whether it's now better to let your page/likes grow organically from actual guests, past, present and future?

PS - I know this thread was meant just for pages, but as Paolo started a new sticky thread that has been kept "clean", I thought it perhaps pertinent to post here?
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

We don't even have a facebook page and we seem to be doing OK.

I'm not against FB, I do have a personal one which I use quite a lot, so it's not a case of being a fossil, but I just haven't had the time to set one up for the business and I'm wondering whether I really need to bother. :roll:

(Have had a twitter account for over 3 years, and haven't tweeted since Jan 2010!)
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

Normandy Cow wrote:We don't even have a facebook page and we seem to be doing OK.

I'm not against FB, I do have a personal one which I use quite a lot, so it's not a case of being a fossil, but I just haven't had the time to set one up for the business and I'm wondering whether I really need to bother. :roll:

(Have had a twitter account for over 3 years, and haven't tweeted since Jan 2010!)
I've had 3 bookings from Facebook so to me it's well worth it. Look for groups to join which could have memebrs who would be interested in your property, such as wedding pages (for a honeymoon for example) that's where I got miy bookings (it was other people who were advertising that booked)

In the media world we live in, it's good to be covering all bases, especially if they are free :D

sandra