Unwanted messages

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
kg1

Unwanted messages

Post by kg1 »

We use yahoo mail with @btinternet.com addresses. On both our email accounts we keep getting a pop up tab next to the CONTACTS tab making 4 tabs instead of usual 3. It says 'honeydew.tulip7 sent you a message'. I can click the tab & view the message without actually opening it, can also delete in on tab using the x & have done this several times but it keeps coming back. This obviously a virus thingy but I've run all my security systems & found nothing. It's on mine & my OH emails. Yahoo don't want to know as we are not on BT bb anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions please? :?
DaveN

Post by DaveN »

Hi,
I'm not sure that it's a virus or anything to worry about. It sounds to as though they have added an Instant Messenger tab, and somebody is sending you spam IMs. I see the same on my Yahoo webmail (regardless of which PC I access it from) and just ignore it!
Open for business.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

OH. Thanks. I'll do the same & see if it goes. These things do spook me. Thank you.