Premier Holidays

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Bellywobble

Premier Holidays

Post by Bellywobble »

I've done a search but can't find anything on Premier Holidays. Has anyone had any experience of them?

I'm thinking of trying a new site in desperation really, to try to fill some peak gaps which I've never had before.

It came up on high on a Google search, but I've never heard of them before.
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

I know that on LMH it's considered poor form to use agencies such as this but we do. :oops:

This is our second year, so far so good. :)
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Why is it considered poor form? What kind of agency is it?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

They take the booking and hold the money until just before the holiday. They then take a percentage. It sounds pretty much the same process as with Villarenters.

I've just emailed them for more information.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Hmm, I guess it depends how quickly and reliable they are about paying then. If they get the bookings then it could be interesting - do you have to give them exclusivity for certain weeks?
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

Because they are set up to accept online bookings as well as online reservations we have given them control of our calendar, though we tweak permissible start dates etc from time to time to attempt to reduce voids.

They do not have exclusivity as such since we (or any of our other sales channels) can use any dates that they haven't already booked. Like any such arrangement the more they can sell, the more they'll try and vice versa.

We had a similar arrangement in the past with the VillaCentre but they went bust last year, so there is always a risk of non-payment.