I present you Nuevespigas

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
andilubio

I present you Nuevespigas

Post by andilubio »

Hello everybody,

I´ve been some time quite offline from the forum, but now I bring you my new and renovated website, including new naming and branding.

I hope you all like it!

www.nuevespigas.com
www.nuevespigas.com Villa in Casarabonela, Malaga. Spain

9 rooms, 18 people. private pool
CSE

Post by CSE »

Sorry to say your website has a lot of flash. This will make it hard for Google to index and do not work on some devices.
Further reading:
http://www.seomoz.org/blog/flash-and-se ... l-dont-mix
http://archive.psfk.com/2010/05/top-10- ... -ipad.html
But all is not lost if you read this article.
http://www.flashseo.com/flash-seo/
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Very pretty, but far too slow for me - by the time I'd seen the 'loading contents' thing for the nth time I was losing the will to live, and I'm afraid I gave up.

And I couldn't find any way to bypass all the Flash stuff and get to hard facts ...
Wendy@NorthIdaho

Post by Wendy@NorthIdaho »

Absolutely beautiful place, great photos! You didn't ask for feedback about your site so will not give much, but would love for it to be a bit faster loading as others have said...

No doubt you will be booked with such a lovely villa, I wish you the best.

Wendy
New Vacation Rental called DayStar Lodge! (Sold Narrows Cottage now have a rental management company called A-List Rental Management)
Marks

Post by Marks »

Nice place but far too slow. If I were a punter I would have given up. Sorry.
Last edited by Marks on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Complete agreement with the others I'm afraid. I have superfast broadband and the load time was more than I would ever wait. If it was just the first page then maybe.....but I then clicked on the villa and had to wait again, so I gave up. I also struggled to read the white print on the first page.

Not the comments you hoped for, but I hope you can redeem things!
Ed

Post by Ed »

It's a nice design, nice use of images, but unfortunately it's not very usable and usability should come before design in my opinion. As others have said, it is way too slow to load and some of the white text is unreadable, because it appears on a white background (click on 'installation' for an example). I also agree with Ian and Irene, in that you are better off steering clear of flash if you want to have good rankings in the search engines (I did a lot of research on this before choosing a service to build my website). Sorry to sound negative. Hopefully you will be able to sort out the issues.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

And, of course, the Flash website is totally invisible to anyone using iPads or iPhones !

If I were you, I'd take the basic design, content and photos and have it completely re-written with HTML5 and CSS3. You have a very good brief for a designer there.

It will go 100 times faster, be searchable, and readable by everyone, but its a lot of work (and/or money)! :cry:
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Took longer to download than to board an Easyjet flight. I gave up after two clicks.
Maison Lahorgue

Re: I present you Nuevespigas

Post by Maison Lahorgue »

andilubio wrote:Hello everybody,

I´ve been some time quite offline from the forum, but now I bring you my new and renovated website, including new naming and branding.

I hope you all like it!

www.nuevespigas.com
Fantastic website, stunning rooms, real luxury feel to it. My only observation would be that everything took quite a while to load on my computer which could put people off especially if they're hurrying. But this is nothing that couldn't be resolved if it was felt necessary. Very classy!
tavi

Post by tavi »

The "blurred" pictures initially confused me...I thought there was something wrong with my screen or with your pixels!

Yes it took ages to load for me too, and I can only read half of the white text.

Your place looks simply fabulous, I love the birdsong and the pictures are gorgeous....but the website is very unfriendly to the user - your potential customer!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Slow for me too but I liked the photoshopped images to create watercolours by way of an intro - nice touch but I think the tweeting birds are OTT. Oh dear, Tavi, I have totally contradicted you! :oops:

As everyone says, the property looks fantastic, but the technology has been too clever for its own good and I too gave up surfing after a time. Visitors to your site (genuine punters I mean) will not want to be made to work in this way. [Tavi, we agree here!]
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Too slow for me too I'm afraid, gave up after not very long, as punters would too. :(
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

This review was first requested at the beginning of June.

After some consistent comments, there was no reply from the OP, or updating of the website. I do understand that it takes time.

But why has it been resurrected ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Your fault GG! I admit I didn't notice the date though.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."