Pool alarms

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Annie T

Pool alarms

Post by Annie T »

Hi guys!

Sorry to revisit this subject, but the more I read the more I get confused! We desperately need to conform to the regs and are looking at an alarm as it seems to be the least expensive way of doing things - and dosh is definitely a factor in our decision!

We have an 'above-the'ground' pool which is built into a slope, so we are looking at it as 'partially buried'. We use a solar cover which is on all through the night and when the pool is not in use throughout the day.

We have looked at a number of makes of alarm including - Aquasensor, Aqualarm V2 and the Sensor Espio (which claims to be the only one usable with the solar cover). Our local piscine shop recommended (of course!) the only one they stock which is an 'Immerstar' by ACIS which is essentially the same design as the Aqualarm V2. The lady swore that it can be used with a solar cover, although a very similar one we saw in Castorama specifically states on the box that it can't!!! You can see why I am getting more and more confused...!!!

We would deeply appreciate your comments as to whether we can get away with using something like the Aqualarm V2 (@ about 259 Euros) or whether we would be better off spending the extra 210 Euros for the Espio system??!! Are any of them especially prone to false alarms (we don't want to upset the neighbours if it keeps going off when we're out!!).

I also STILL can't get my head around how we are covered and 'comply' if there is no-one around to hear the alarm go off!!! If a neighbourhood kid, who shouldn't be there, comes in and drowns as there's no-one around to here the alarm - are we still held responsible??!

Hoping someone can help...!!!

Thanks!
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I sympathise, it is a real grey area.

I recently raised the issue in the France section, so you may glean some useful advice there.

Hope I it works out (and yes you will be liable if some ragged urchin drowns).

M,ols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.