Towels - which ones?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
crosslandv1

Towels - which ones?

Post by crosslandv1 »

As a newbie, I was wondering if any of you who have more experience, could point me in the direction of towels which survive the trauma of numerous washes and tumbles. There are so many on the market and short of buying samples of all and product testing ( I could be at it for weeks!), I thought LMH might have the answer. : :shock:
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

All mine are King of Cotton - they do deliver to France. I rate their towels and waffle dressing gowns but not their less expensive bedding - it pills after a few washes.

http://www.kingofcotton.co.uk/product.p ... gsm_towels

Or Out of Eden - not sure they deliver to France

http://www.outofeden.co.uk/.-650g-Egypt ... s~3142.htm
crosslandv1

Post by crosslandv1 »

Thanks I have been looking at both of these - anyone in particular? Is it the 650gms premium you use? I had tried a sample from Richard Haworth but after 5 washes they look worn and old.

Its great if they can be delivered to France - very useful - as the car is already full for the next trip.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Out of Eden don't deliver here, sadly. I say sadly because I'm still using the very same white towels that Normandie links to that I bought for our last place in the UK - they've been in use now for nearly 5 years altogether and are still white and fluffy, plus they haven't gone out of shape like so many. So I'd strongly recommend them if you have a way of getting them.
crosslandv1

Post by crosslandv1 »

That sounds like an excellent recommendation!
Thank you. BTW your website is fantastic - beautiful pictures and so informative: a great place to be.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Awwwwww thank you! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I can recommend the M&S towel bales. The towels aren't what you'd call thick...but that's suits our market as they dry very quickly for guests between showers.

I've had some now for years and still going strong...the newer style is much softer.
I wemt for the 'mocha' colour as white would stress me out with all the stain :(
At the moment you get 2 hand, 2 bath and 2 flannels for £25.

Also I'd recommend the NEXT towel bales...these got me through 3 years and were fab. Quite luxurious but easy to dry. They're actually still going but I had to replace as the colour faded. I got Plum, which was lovely but in the sun it didn't stand a chance.
Their bales have 6 towels and cost €41

Both deliver to France.

Mouse
x
Last edited by Mouse on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
crosslandv1

Post by crosslandv1 »

Thank you Mouse for your help - Now to shop!!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

These King of Cotton new zero twist towels are my current choice, I use them myself as well as for the gites. They are soft even without tumble drying, good quality and classy. If you live in France and phone them, they will create an account for you whereby you won't pay VAT. It makes them very good value indeed.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

la vache! wrote:These King of Cotton new zero twist towels are my current choice, I use them myself as well as for the gites. They are soft even without tumble drying, good quality and classy. If you live in France and phone them, they will create an account for you whereby you won't pay VAT. It makes them very good value indeed.
But... but... that's bonkers! Oh, unless you're TVA registered which, for the b&b, we are not. OH is... but 24 white bath towels for a building firm might be a bit difficult to justify!

Whilst, as you say, making them an exceptionally good deal! :lol:

ETA:
crosslandv1 wrote:Is it the 650gms premium you use?
I have the 600g which look the same but presumably are no longer stocked - perhaps have been replaced by LV's zeo twist towels. :lol:
Last edited by Normandie on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

LV, does that apply even if (like us) you trade as a simple particulier rather than régime réel? If so it sounds too good to be true :shock:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

If you can wait for an M&S Home event the bales are often on a 3 for 2 offer. I ended up with 9 bales for a stupid price and most are still going strong.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

FC and Normandie, you need to have a SIRET and then you can get your TVA exemption number from the hôtel d'impôts, by writing to them and asking for a numéro de TVA intra communautaire.
I had a SIRET before I was réel and registered with the ch de com, so yes, if you are a simple microbic you should be able to get the TVA exemption as long as you have a SIRET through the hôtel d'impots. You can also use this number for the UK based listing sites so you don't pay VAT there either.
If anyone wants an example letter of asking for the TVA intra communautaire just let me know.
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

I don't have a separate SIRET because I fall under my OH's business registration as a conjoint. So the income from the cd'h is submitted by the accountant as a separate entity on his return. Diversification. :wink:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Can't you use your husband's SIRET instead to get the TVA number exemption?