First Confirmed Booking

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
croatian_villa

First Confirmed Booking

Post by croatian_villa »

I left advertising a bit late as I wasnt originally going to rent out our property until next year. I decided to start rentals now as its the high season in Croatia and a lot of properties are already rented out.

I now have a well tested canned response, have finalised T&C's and booking forms for clients.

I have been advertising since Monday and after at least 15 enquiries I finally have my first confirmed booking for July.

There is a mixture of excitement and relief. Booking form completed and returned and now sent out by payment details.
Fingers crossed.

Any advice from my fellow landlords at the start of this journey..
brenda

Post by brenda »

Congratulations and good luck!

Your first booking is always the hardest - and a great learning event.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Well done. Our firsts were Japanese!! If I can cope with the langauge barrier then I reckoned I could cope with anyone!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Good luck! If you're having a fit of nerves on the day of the first guests' arrival, you won't be alone there, but it's a real buzz. Others will no doubt have their suggestions, but I'd say (and like anything it does depend on how you judge the guests) that it's worth letting the guests share in your excitement; let them understand that you're new to the venture, and that you'd really appreciate any help and feedback - particularly if they find there's something you forgot to supply, please can they let you know ASAP. (You did remember the corkscrew, didn't you? That was my nightmare - I couldn't imagine anything worse than being somewhere without a corkscrew!) Check all is okay, then leave them alone and resist the temptation to keep seeking their reassurance, but make sure they know how to contact you.
croatian_villa

Post by croatian_villa »

Thank you. This is a big learning experience.

I have learnt a lot this week

* Not all enquiries turn into bookings and responding can be time consuming ( I now understand why some people use management agents to handle marketing)

* Canned responses are needed to save finger pain

* T&C's and Booking form templates can take many hours of tweaking to reach perfection.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

croatianstonehouse wrote:Thank you. This is a big learning experience.

I have learnt a lot this week

* Not all enquiries turn into bookings and responding can be time consuming ( I now understand why some people use management agents to handle marketing)

* Canned responses are needed to save finger pain

* T&C's and Booking form templates can take many hours of tweaking to reach perfection.
it took me a bloody sight longer than a week to learn that lot!
croatian_villa

Post by croatian_villa »

Thankfully we do have a corkscrew :-) but yes I will be nervous in case something isn't up to their expectations like should I have repainted the outside of the house to make it look nicer visually externally..or is it ok blending in with the other properties.. Will the traditional ringing of church bells upset or add to the flavour and the experience of village life. It will be nerve wracking!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

That's fantastic Chris! You've worked hard this week and it's all paid off, well done! :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Brilliant ! Well done. It will be nerve wracking right through until they arrive ( and after !)but satisfying too in a strange masochistic sort of way :lol:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Masochistic? That's so apt for running holiday rentals Fraise! :shock:
Kathy
croatian_villa

Post by croatian_villa »

Thanks for all the support folks. I may just post an update once my first guests have left. Hopefully positive!

Maybe it will get easier after I've had a few guests stay :-)
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Hmmm, don't be so sure...... :wink:
Kathy
croatian_villa

Post by croatian_villa »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo...!
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Well done and good luck. And don't forget the corkscrew.... x
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Brilliant - well done! Zero to first booking in four days is pretty not half bad :lol: :lol: :lol: