Comments & ideas for later in the year

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
katric

Comments & ideas for later in the year

Post by katric »

Ok, here goes I am posting my site for for any helpful comments and ideas for later in the year when I plan to update and tweek our website. A bit to busy to do it now but some food for thought would be greatly appreciated. www.socavalleyholidays.com. My aim for the site is to obviously get as many bookings as possible but also to inform and help people with what is here in Slovenia and in the Soca Valley. I would also like to put a online payment or a least a deposit reservation option on there somewhere if anybody knows what works well. I await with baited breath....... :? thanks
http://www.socavalleyholidays.com
Live life with no regrets and eat lots of pizza!!
BlueSkyBlueSea

Post by BlueSkyBlueSea »

Hi,

Have a quick Google on "above the fold". Currently your home page has a lot of information on it but I have to scroll down to find it. Another major issue is page load time. This is down to the quantity and size of your images. For example, your top image is 473k which is huge for a single image. I would cut down on the size of the image and optimize the file size to get it down to 50-60k.

I would cut down on the number of slides in your JQuery slider. This will again help page load speed and get you focused on where you really want people to visit on your website. I would also move all of your javascipt calls to just above your analytics code. I would also try and combine your menus to have all options on one level.

I think that should keep you going for a bit. Hope that helps.
katric

Post by katric »

Hi
Thanks for this it is really helpful information. I have ordered the book from amazon - should make some interesting reading. Yes I agree the front page is too long at the minute and all the information should be within easy scrolling distance. I wil have a go at sorting the other issues when I have a bit more time in September. Great though thanks again! Hannah
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

looks nice,
But.

Slow load times, and having to scroll down the front page quite far even on my 24" screen are enough to put me off if I were a first time visitor.
Availability calendar, rates, couldn;t find them, again that would put me off. (found after sub menu in Farmhouse)

Thant said, if you could whittle it down/ divide specifics up from the front page and make the organisation better, it would be pretty good.

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.