Insuring a mobile home

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
DandDBlundell

Insuring a mobile home

Post by DandDBlundell »

Could anybody recommend an insurer to provide cover for a mobile home in FRance, please. Either UK or France based company.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer, but have you tried posting the same question on the www.livingfrance.com/forums forum? That has many members, many of them resident in France, and I am sure that someone will have the answer.
(I'm not sure how many French-based mobile home owners there are here on laymyhat).

Good Luck!
spbowman

Post by spbowman »

We have a mobile home in France, and easily found an insurer just by walking into a French insurance agent. Most would be able to arrange cover on a mobile home, but be prepared with your model and chassis numbers. We had UK cover at first but that had to be cancelled when we ourselves moved to France. UK insurers I believe can only insure UK residents. In the UK we were insured by Drewe's of Bewdley, Worcs. In France it is with AGF. The French policy is a damn sight cheaper, but if you are resident in the UK you might find the same problem that they can't insure UK residents. If you want any further help with addresses or telephone numbers, e-mail me.