Ufindus.com - don't let them find you!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
7 driver

Ufindus.com - don't let them find you!

Post by 7 driver »

I had these people phone me last week after I stupidly filled in my details for a free listing. They are very persistent and at least will keep you on the phone for over an hour while they beat you down with inviting phrases like, and I quote "We guarantee you bookings within 72 hours".

They finally beat me down and I thought at 30 quid a month for advertising wasn't too bad, especially as they promised I would be listed within the top three on Google. I finally managed to get away from them as my phone battery was finally flat and in that time I managed to research them. I found blagger.com, a very useful site, but unfortunately everyone had something bad to say about these people - check for yourself:

I am now Euro 400 worse off - they don't tell you about the large set up fee until later.

My advice to anyone who is approached by these people and their very hard sell is to scream NO and hang up - don't even listen to what they have to say. If you listen and then say no, they are very unpolite and will hang up on you.

I along with others on Blagger.com will be contacting Trading Standards about these people.

Don't get caught!
Ju

Post by Ju »

Thanks for the warning.

Ju
kas33

Post by kas33 »

They called me yesterday - I hadn't read this thread by then.

The lady had a very strong accent and didn't draw breath for the first 5 minutes, there was also loud music going on in the background. I had never heard of them and told her so. She offered me guaranteed front page listing on all of the 400 odd uk search engines and a guaranteed booking in 48 hours. All for £99.95 set up fee plus £1 per day.

Unfortunately I completely forgot my well rehearsed line "I never advertise with cold callers" but I told her it all sounded too good to be true and she didn't get any money out of me.

They will find you - just be ready!!

Karen
roxytoo

ufindus

Post by roxytoo »

I've just had a very obnoxsious man (sorry can't spell that, it is Friday after all!) on the phone from ufindus, couldn't understand why I didn't want to find ONLY £29 per month to advertise as they would guarantee I would be on the first page of google :lol: :lol: and was very sarcastic when I said I would only use them if they offered a free trial period, kept saying how did I know they wouldn't be able to fill my free weeks next year if I didn't go with them, also when I said my advertising budget was full he said didn't I know theres a new tax year coming up.............

I think he must rate as the most awful rude sales call I have ever had!! (Though I did have a guy from Bulgaria last week and I kept interupting his spiel and saying 'But how much is it going to COST me?? ' and in the end he put the phone down on ME!!!) So he gets 9/10 and ufindus gets 10/10 perhaps we should run a poll??? :lol: :lol:
jonfvo

Poor quality product

Post by jonfvo »

Hi,

As this is my first post I think I should declare myself as being from 'the other side' - no, I'm not coming out, but I design sites and write scripts for floridavillasonly.com which is a listing service for Florida villa owners.

That said I found this site by typing into Google "ufindus.com scam". A customer recently emailed me to say she had signed up with them, thought it was a scam and what did I think. Well my conclusions reflect what has already been said here, but I thought it might interest anyone following this thread that the parent company iomart.com also owns the domain registrar easyspace.com and we recently had a bit of a saga with this company. We registered a domain through them on behalf of a customer (in that customer's name) and found that that customer had accepted a ufindus.com subscription and to cut a long story short we were getting billed for it!!

After contacting our bank we realised that the only way to proceed was by claiming fraud and cancelling. At every step of the way we were (correctly) warned that the company in question would probably take legal action to reclaim the money and this was rather discouraging because you tend to think is the money worth the hassle? The good thing about this by the way is that the money is returned to you immediately while the case is 'investigated'.

Well the upshot of this is that we got our money back and never heard any more about it! We were obviously in a slightly different situation to a property owner as there was a disconnect between the account the money was taken from and the property owner who signed up which wouldn't be the case if you signed your own property up with your own credit card.

Obviously the ideal situation is to read this thread first and don't sign up for this very flimsy product, but if anyone is reading this just after signing up I think it would be worth contacting your bank and crying 'fraud', get you money refunded and then see if anyone comes after you. I've a sneaky suspicion they won't...

Regards,
Jon
kevincohr

Post by kevincohr »

Another angle ...

I was contacted by Ufindus yesterday trying to sell me Domain names that had "just become available" and that were top of Google in the "most common search" by renters when looking for an apartment in Nice.

I politely declined ...

Regards,

Kevin
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I have to admit that I fell for their sales patter a couple of years ago when they were called something different :oops: - and it cost me £17 a month plus the £200 start up. I got out as soon as I could (apparently 1 year is obligatory) but it cost me a lot more in complaining phone calls - the original salesman had lied about a lot of things. It is a bit if a joke, if you want a laugh, look at the website they did for me
www.holidaysbrittany.com
this is supposed to be a professional website, I told them that my border collie could do a better job designing one.
Believe it or not, I still get the odd enquiry through, but that's all I ever had. I guess they haven't managed to sell on the name yet as my details are still showing.
So far my most embarassing moment since I started renting property out!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Susan,

Apart from having a domain name it looks like a freebee you could have done for yourself in a couple of hours. Not the best thing since sliced bread.

Alan
jonfvo

Canine web designer sought

Post by jonfvo »

Hi Susan,

Does your border collie charge by the hour or per job completed...? :D

Jon
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Alan,
if you think that's bad, you should have seen the first version they did for me!

jonfvo
she charges per job completed (and doesn't like having her photo taken either!)
TravelPixel

Post by TravelPixel »

wow thats a lot of money, some big promises and some aggressive sales tactics there.

:roll:
kas33

Post by kas33 »

I took my second call from Ufindus last week - obviously they thought I was still a good target. This time I had my speech prepared - and politely got rid of them in 20 seconds!

Karen
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

They did.

My guy was polite.

My head's still rattling, but if you want to get rid of them, try selling them ufindus.tv - a domain which is still available (they have a load of guff on the phone about their TV advertising) at around £30 - start them at £1000 min.

Goat
anastasia

Ufindus

Post by anastasia »

Re Ufindus

Instead of just complaining about Iomart/Ufindus those of us who have been misled by these characters should get together on the Cantufind.com/forum where we can channel our information and move forward collectively to disallow Iomart/Ufindus’ unacceptable and underhanded tactics of extracting credit card details by sweet talking con artists and then suddenly they disappear after giving you an unattainable telephone number and become the monster UCANTFINDUS. I suggest you post your bloggs on Cantufind.com/forum without further delay. Complaining is not enough, we need to act NOW! It might seem as if I am plugging this Cantufind.com site, well the simple fact is they are the ONLY site on the internet that actually took the time to help, so yes, you should go to them and stop whining here. I am a big fan of laymyhat.com as it does let people rant, but if you want a chance of getting your money back, then you’re on the wrong site!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Not sure if it was these but somones just phones..getting me just out of the shower...
and in a foreign voice said Im phoning about your rental place my name is Ori...
phones in the back ground[usually a clue]
what is your name and I said...What DO you want and he rung up...cheek...I wanted to hang up on him.... :evil: