Month long let in high season

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
CostaBlanca

Month long let in high season

Post by CostaBlanca »

Hi,
I have an enquiry from 1 lady who wants to book for a month but asked if it would it be ok to have some friends or family come and stay for a week if they want to.

The booking would be most welcome and I would offer some kind of discount. I see no problem with additional visitors provided I know at the time of booking and the number does not exceed the max. quoted for the property.

What do you think?

Gracias,
Maria
roxytoo

extra guests

Post by roxytoo »

Hi Maria

I would be careful! I would ask exactly how many are coming and how long for. I say this because I have recently been caught out in this same position , someone on a long let asked if his sister could stay for a week 'or so' and I said yes. Turned out that it was his sister, hubby and three kids from hell who stayed for 22 days!! I would ask anyone to be more specific next time..................
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Thanks, Meiska.

This villa can accommodate 5 so I don´t want anymore that the maximum staying at any time and obviously if she is going to have visitors full time, my discount may not so generous. :roll:

I have asked her for more details. We will see how it goes.

Cheers,
Maria
paolo

Post by paolo »

I would have her state in the rental agreement who is coming, what age the children are, and how long they will be staying. There should then be a clause in the agreement saying that nobody else will be staying beyond those people and dates, and if they do there may be a deduction from the security deposit.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Paolo, thanks for the advice. However, I haven´t heard back following my email with price details. So I guess that might be that.

Ciao,

Maria