Enquiries when advert is due to renewal

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sandra

Enquiries when advert is due to renewal

Post by Sandra »

:evil: Well, a coincidence perhaps but whenever our advert is due in August for yearly subs I get a few weeks before ..........surprise surprise !! an influx of enquiries. We have been fortunate to be booked up for the summer season these last few years so would never know if they came to anything but I am curious if others get that same feeling as I do that I am being had!
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Hi Sandra

There's lots of speculation on here that this is something that happens with some listing sites.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
brenda

Post by brenda »

Certainly seems to happen here.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I'm not sure...my advert with HL is due for renewal. I haven't had any luck with them this year - almost no enquiries, let alone bookings - but in the last few weeks I have been getting a steady stream, mainly from the UK.

I can't decide whether this is the Olympics effect in that people are rushing for last minute breaks, or whether the enquiries are maybe less genuine :wink:

Either way, I reply to all of them as if they are real, although no conversions yet.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com