Please review my site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
bayesp

Please review my site

Post by bayesp »

Hi Everyone

I would be grateful f you could review my site.

I learnt HTML and CSS in order to have full control of layout and style and it is a work in progress.

We are with an agent at present so unable to take our own bookings but the plan is to build our web presence and page ranking before going solo.

All the text is written with a mix of readability and SEO in mind.

http://www.tregrillfarmcottages.co.uk

Thanks

Paul
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

Looks like a good start.

From my brief look, the menu and images look ok.

I dont like the Moderno page, with its hanging left hand text, it appears cramped whilst there is space to the left unfilled.

You also have some typo's such as ituated.....missing that all important S. in what appears to be a dupicate of the first para.

Otherwise a good start.

Kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
bayesp

Post by bayesp »

Thanks. The moderno page is actually an embedded page from our agents (English country cottages) site. I have no control over the layout but will let them know about the typo. Once we have taken some good photos I will replace the cottage info pages with our own, however we are stuck with their booking pages for now.
Paul.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Adding a bit more; I appreciate that all bookings are going via a booking agent. However when clicking “Continue to book” you get a page, inside the frame, saying “The system is unable to process your request. Please try again” I can also see that you have a link to the agents page above the frame. But it will show to the average internet user that something is amiss, thus possibly losing bookings.
Maybe change something on your website rather than relying on this frame. Maybe just link directly to the agents website and not use a frame.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
BlueSkyBlueSea

Post by BlueSkyBlueSea »

I would agree with the above especially in regrads to losing the frames. In addition I would move your telephone number, email address and possibly the social share links to your header. You could make your Tregrill Farm Cottages text a little smaller and at the same time change this from an image to propper text. If you have done it as an image as you want to use a specific font there are now several ways you can use fancy fonts within a web page. If you get stuck try a search on @fontface for starters.

I might cut down the inforation on your homepage slightly, increase font size and put some padding between your paragraphs to make it easier to read.

You have a contact page so I would put a nice contact form on there to really make contacting you that much easier.
tavi

Post by tavi »

Nice site, lovely looking place. Am very impressed you created the site from scratch

I have no idea about the tecno stuff but would agree with bluesky that the home page text could do with some improvement.

Suggestions:
Spacing between paras? - the text is not comfortable to read

Possibly add bullet points for the accomodation features to be viewed at a glance?

Not sure about the line: we also supply fresh towels... etc... Does this mean in addition to the beds already made up or something else?

The line: For indoor activities, feel free to make use of the games room complete with an antique full size snooker table, table tennis, darts board and hi-fi.... is lost in the para about the local area so might be better elsewhere?

Hope that's helpful.

Tavi.
bayesp

Post by bayesp »

Hi all of you

Thanks for all the comments. I will take them on board and make some changes.

Cheers

Paul