Any feed back on our website

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.

Any feed back on our website

Post by Guest »

Any comments good our bad let me know Cheers David. www.bananabayclub.com
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

As a reviewer, I jumped around a few pages, I got a flavor (flavour), and here's my initial thoughts. Please take them constructively, even if at first glance it may not appear that way.

There are just too many:
- Unrelated fonts and sizes on the same page
- Text Colours and all that 1970s highlighting stuff :-(
- Gizmos and gadgets ( and those aspx galleries take an age to load anyway)

This looks like it was once an excellently designed and constructed website, but its been added to and added to and is now just too confusing and messy.

Start by looking at the few good points. Mark these. Delete the rest, and add back only that which is really necessary.

The Waterside page is nearly good, so Ill take that as an example.
You can click the picture of each property to see more, you can click the property name to see the same, so why add (in a different larger font in a different style) the redundant "Click here to view this unit" ? Its an unwelcome distraction.
It has neat bulletted headings at the top, but oh dear, in 4 different colours and 4 different type styles with all those extra punctuation marks. Remove all that fancy stuff, make them all neat, and suddenly without reworking anything, you're back to actually quite a cool page. If you can then also make all the other pages look similar in the same style, and not umpteen different styles, you'll have a really cool website too.

This is not just a matter of opinion or personal taste, it comes from some excellent design advice on what works well on the web.

KISS sells.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Marks

Post by Marks »

Nice place but far too much information on your home page, too confusing and too garish. I gave up about a third of the way down the home page.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Agree with the above comments, the homepage doesn't have enough structure to it, too much text, different fonts and highlighting. The other pages (waterside cottages, beachside villas) are much calmer and nicer to read. A lot of the stuff on the homepage looked as if it should be on the specials page. And I couldn't get back to the homepage from the other pages, it isn't on the menu.
I think you are offering nice properties in a great area (I love the Keys) but the look of the homepage makes everything a look a bit cheap, rather than giving an impression of quality.
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

Hi Dave,
Siesta key is a great place!
We looked there too before settling on AMI.

I have a slightly different outlook on your website as I am right now on my mobile phone.
There, your website is very clean and simple, but it put itself as a very narrow ribbon down the middle of my Samsung Galaxy, covering app. only one fourth of the width of the screen. It didn't matter if I turned my phone 90 degrees, there was still only this narrow area down the middle. This made it hard to read properly.

I don't know if this is an Android problem, or the fact that my screen is quite big, and your site is made for even the smallest screens - it doesn't make it easier to read for me.

Also, I think you would gain from having at least one great picture on the mobile site as well, even if it's just a generic Siesta Key view.
Pessimists only get positive surprises.
bayesp

Post by bayesp »

Hi

Like Marks, I gave up quite quickly as it was quite hard to find the relevant information and the home page had far too much info spread out all over the place. Sorry, hope this isn't too critical.
I am not an expert by any means but I use the internet a lot, both at work and at home, and if I cant find what i want within seconds, I move on to another site.
Have you considered separate websites for the 2 locations? If you build a template for one, doing the second would be pretty quick. You also gain the advantage of creating your own back links which would help with SEO.

Paul
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

FYI:
The same happens on my Ipad.
Just a narrow white band down the middle of a blue background.
Pessimists only get positive surprises.

Thanks

Post by Guest »

Thanks for your advice and comments, Our home page has got way out of hand, we are as we speak in the middle of working on our mobile website, I think this is the way to go as we also offer daily rentals, I have looked at your websites Im impressed with the standard of your accomadations, Hats off to you all, Stay busy. Thanks David.