Another old timer seeks feedback

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
la vache!

Another old timer seeks feedback

Post by la vache! »

I recently decided to change my website, not because I didn't like it (I did and had a lot of good comments about it) but I wanted something I that would work on a mobile device easily (plus use PIMS calendar as none of the listing sites calendars are optimised for mobiles), something to incorporate a blog, and something I could add to easily. So Wordpress it is. My previous site was all nested table, a bit of a nightmare as e-R can probably testify!
So, the new site is done, and if you have the time, any comments would be welcome. Especially regarding navigation, call to action, photo placement etc. I'm very happy with the design that has been done, but the content is down to me and that is possibly more of a problem.
The site is on the www link below..merci!
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I really like it. Clear and clean lines. Works well on my iPad especially the pictures.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LV, it looks fabulous, I'll check it out on my tablet and Iphone when I get a chance over the weekend. Content looks fine so far.
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

LV I'd have like to subscribe to your blog but I couldn't see a way of doing it. Otherwise very nice. Well done.
enid

Post by enid »

I think the site is excellent and very classy. I would like to follow the blog too. Lots of our clinets followed our blog and it is a good waynof keeepingnvisitors coming to a site. Well done you!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Lovely site, LV, very easy on the eye and inviting, and very easy to navigate your way around.. Works well on my 5" mobile screen. You must be well chuffed with it.

I especially like the large photos in the galleries - you get a real sense of what it would be like to be in each house from them. And your 'About' page hits just the right spot!

Agree with the others about the blog - definitely would be a good idea to have a means of subscribing to it.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks for the feedback - I will add a subscribe box, I didn't think anyone would want to tbh.
FC thankyou for taking the time to read the About page. I've managed to avoid doing one for 10 years, but a very experienced travel person who stays in gites a lot pointed out that she wouldn't book anywhere where there was an on site owner she know nothing about as you inevitably get to know them. I suppose it is a good point!
paolo

Post by paolo »

It look excellent to me, the only thing I would change is I find the slideshows slightly too slow, I personally prefer a 5-second interval.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Looks good and The Times reference has been given the prominence it deserves - definitely should be a great selling point for you and would help with conversions, I would imagine!
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
kendalcottages

Post by kendalcottages »

Easy on the eye on my iPhone, too, though I would suggest that from the homepage, the pictures link to the same places as the text that is just above them. With it being small on a mobile device like an iPhone, the picture is much easier to click than the text.
Kendal Holiday Cottages Ltd., Kendal, Cumbria - between the Lake District & the Yorkshire Dales.
La Chouette

Post by La Chouette »

Love your new site LV, and particularly your 'About' and 'Places to visit' pages. Must get on our do our 'things to do' pages now I feel a little inspiration from yours!

Jan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks everyone for your comments, subscribe button now added (so Wally you can subscribe now :wink:), header slideshow speeded up a touch, I just need to sort out the photos to link to cottage pages on mobile devices - but I think it is better to have the Lightbox link on the PC.tablet version as the text links are easy to click on. Just need to work out how the shortcode script for that works now!
Anything else? Apart from the French version that I'm working on, although I'm not going to have time translate my blog posts everytime I do one :roll: